Flex 6700 on the ISS

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
I saw the link below.  I reflected on the currently running ads in QST CQ etc.  Beautifully simple, without explanation of what that exactly means....just don't think it conveys a brand message.

But, here's an idea for you....."if its good enough for NASA it should be for you too"

Well just a thought guys.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/glass-update-flex-6700-on-iss
Photo of W2PP

W2PP

• 266 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Bob Craig, K8RC

Bob Craig, K8RC

• 204 Posts
  • 81 Reply Likes
From: https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/guidelines/index.html

"If the NASA material is to be used for commercial purposes, including advertisements, it must not explicitly or implicitly convey NASA's endorsement of commercial goods or services."

You can't/shouldn't commercialize everything.

But it is entirely cool that their radios are overhead.

Photo of W2PP

W2PP

• 266 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Then just state the obvious. If it’s good enough to be used in the ISS it’s should be good enough for you. And have a pic of ISS
Photo of Bob Craig, K8RC

Bob Craig, K8RC

• 204 Posts
  • 81 Reply Likes
Use of the name "NASA" = explicit.
Use of just the ISS reference in advertising = implicit endorsement.
Neither is allowed.

Disseminating the information like they did in this community is the appropriate use.

These guys know what they're doing.

Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 203 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I think EME received QSLs from dozens of EME stations at Areciebo [sp] radio telescope (even though time didn't allow a reply on air) and now the new FT8 DXpedition mode are two more exciting mind boggling inovations.
Photo of Robert Lonn

Robert Lonn

• 247 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Flex missed a great opportunity!!! When Musk launched his car into space with the Heavy Lift rocket, their should have been a Flex Radio on the dash,, I mean the robot needed a way to talk back to earth.. That would have been cool!!! :-)