Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6700 no transmit using mic

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
I have been using digital modes the last several months and today when I went to make a SSB contact, I can't seem to transmit using the mic.  I see the level meter raising on my voice peaks but no output power.  I figured that I had something turned on (like DAX) but I can't for the life of me get the mic to work now.  I made a few contacts using FT8 and also a voice contact using DogparkSDR using a USB microphone so I know the radio is working.  What am I missing?

Burch

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Are you using a microphone associated with Windows or using the microphone connected to your Flex?

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Mic connected to Flex.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ok, this is crazy.  I just transmitted on DogparkSDR, then came back to the Widows PC and launched SSDR and now the mic is working.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Don't select MIC, select BAL.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    It definitely has something to do with MIC selection.    I had to select a different MIC profile for it to transmit.  My old MIC profiles don't seem to work anymore.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    What mic, and which connector are you using (BAL or front connector?)
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Using a heil headset with the front connector.  Haven't changed anything (mic wise) in the 3 years I have owned the radio.  I had to pick one of the default mic profiles to get it transmitting again.  Strange. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.