Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 N1MM S02R Audio Pan Question

AA0Z
AA0Z Member ✭✭
Was running in the NAQP this weekend and tried some S02R operation on my 6700. The first order of business was to run in one ear and s&p in the other. Lot more confusing than one suspects. One thing I noticed ; I setup my run slice in my left ear, which was a mistake, because my right ear seems to be more dominate and better at picking out calls as I was always "looking" for the station responding to my CQ in my right ear. My s&p was in my left ear. Does anybody know how to flop them, so when hitting the tilda (to pan center/mute non-focus slice) it puts slide A in my right ear and slice B (s&p) in my left ear? I know I can run on my slice B, but in that instance, I didn't want to re-do my slices. I could not find how to switch that in the N1MM FAQ.

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I assume you are plugged into the flex directly. Just move the slider in the slice your listening to for left or right. I usually put what I'm left ear on left side of screen and right ear on right side of screen

Mike
    N9DFD
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    DDUTIL has macro code that allows you to make custom stereo spread in either ear. You can make the control toggle between a couple choices. You can also turn BIN off and on. You can control several slices if you like
  • AA0Z
    AA0Z Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hey Mike, thanks for the reply. I think I tried that and when I hit the tilda to bring my TX slice into pan center, when I hit the tilda again and it went back to run in left and s&p in right. It didn't remember the settings.
  • Craig K9CT
    Craig K9CT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    You might consider using Focus on Other which is turned on by CTRL+SHFT+K

When you call CQ, then audio from the S&P radio will be in both ears. CQ stops and both ears will go back to the run side. 

I constantly switch between running on two bands so it matters to me which ear. Left is A and Right is B...otherwise I would get really confused about who is calling. I don't like to hear the MON very loud so keep it very low and usually use Stereo turned on with the tilde key. 

Good luck....73, Craig K9CT
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    craig this is an interesting subject.. as a lefty I prefer A to be in the left..  we can take this offline or to alpha but I wonder if that can be persistently achieved or is the OTRSP switching it back.  I may play around a bit with this..  
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited January 2017
    Please keep the conversation here as i am trying to get my head around the different so2r audio settings. Cheers steve gw0gei / gw9j
  • Craig K9CT
    Craig K9CT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Chris....this is the spec for OTRSP. microHam spec is the same. 

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    hmm  some flexibility in this would be a welcome addition to the spec.. I wonder if a toggle would be possible..  This(spec) was originally setup for the YCCC breakout box right?  Is someone still maintaining the standard?  I know the YCCC boxes are starting to turn into vaporware and either stopped production or stopping production but the contest world seems to have grabbed and adopted OTRSP.  IT is "Open" so assuming someone could add to it.  
  • Craig K9CT
    Craig K9CT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Chris....this is not a complaint from the SO2R community or this would have been done a long time ago. I would suggest just changing the run band from Slice A to B or vice versa. 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    hmm, I wonder how many left side dominant folks are SO2R operators..  anyways I just flip my headphones around for now, but having the ability to toggle this could also be an accessibility issue as well

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.