Flex 6700, N1MM Logger+, Ctrl+Enter, or Ctrl+Fn

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)

I use the following feature of N1MM Logger+ in my current
SO2R setup, described in Paragraph 2.8.2.6.3 of the N1MM Logger+ online documentation:

“Ctrl+Enter, or Ctrl+Fn - Using these commands will send the corresponding message on the alternate radio; with the alternate radio defined as the radio that does not have RX focus.”

This a highly desirable feature for effective SO2R.

I am unable to get this feature to work consistently with my Flex 6700.  I only occasionally see the TX slice change and I always get the following information pop-ups: “SmartSDR The antenna may not be changed while transmitting” and "SmartSDR Transmit Slice has not been selected." 

The only way I can reliably switch from TX Slice A to B (and vice-versa) using N1MM+ is by using Ctrl+left or right arrow.

Related to the above, the Dueling CQ feature of N1MM Logger+, described in Paragraph 2.8.2.3 also exhibits similar behavior.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the Flex 6700 or N1MM Logger+.  I have also submitted a N1MM Logger+ bug report.

73, Bud AA3B

Photo of Bud Trench

Bud Trench

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Bud Trench

Bud Trench

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I solved this issue.  The fix was to go the N1MM Logger+ Configurer and increase the PTT Delay for the Winkey.  I set it at 350 msec and all seems to be working now.
(Edited)
Photo of Craig K9CT

Craig K9CT

• 37 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Bud

I have tried to duplicate this issue. My Winkey PTT delay is at the default setting of 30ms. I can't duplicate the problem. I am able to send to the "other" radio anytime. It is almost instant. 

I don't use Pause to switch focus but tried it and it worked all the time. I normally use CTRL Left and Right. 

Maybe we should discuss this on the phone....

73, Craig K9CT
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 661 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
I also was unable to duplicate the issue.  If Craig hasn't already helped you solve this on the phone, I would recommend going through the 6700 SO2R doc linked here: http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/so2r-mode-with-n1mm-for-the-flex-6700-how-to-guide-pdf/
Photo of Bud Trench

Bud Trench

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
My understanding is the K9CT has been able to reproduce the problem.  Thank you.
Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 784 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
The loop is being closed on these issues.  I dont think its gonna be an issue much longer. :-)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.