Flex-6700 & Diversity - with sound bites!

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
My earlier post about the Flex-6700 and diversity generated a lot of comments but alas, it was a little like trying to explain what a color looks like... 

Since this past weekend was the ARRL 160m contest and my primary focus was in state hunting to round off my 160m WAS, I had plenty of time to capture some sound bits of diversity in action.

I've written some additional comments together with the sound clips - you can read the post on my blog by clicking this link .  I like to keep my posts where I can quickly find them and also couldn't find an easy way to embed just an audio clip here.

PLEASE use a headset or similar to listen to these sound clips - you won't get the same effect with speakers due to multi-path and room induced artifacts.

I also suggest you download Audacity, then download the sound clips and use Audacity to play them back.  This way you can see what you are hearing - you will quickly see what you wouldn't hear without diversity!

Stu K6TU

PS:  I added 7 of the final 8 states I need for 160m WAS - several I wouldn't have worked without diversity...  anyone living in Vermont with 1500 watts and a nice antenna for 160m have time for a sked?!!!!!!
Photo of Stu Phillips - K6TU

Stu Phillips - K6TU, Elmer

• 642 Posts
  • 256 Reply Likes
  • dead chuffed mate!

Posted 3 years ago

Be the first to post a reply!