Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 6700 crashing if i use more than 25watts output...

G4YDO
G4YDO Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I normaly have an expert 1k linear in my setup, but i have had a problem with the expert, so its away at the repair shop, the flex is now connected direct to my steppir antenna, but when in increase my power to more than 25watts the radio locks up with this fault code  "p8l13v8b-09.48
check fuse "
when the expert1k is connected, i can tx over 500w with a problem...
can anyone help..

Answers

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

You may have a large voltage drop from the power supply, check your voltage right at the 6700 at various power levels.. PS could be problem but more likely the 12 volt supply cable connectors.

73s Jim K4JAF

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    If You put more than 25 watts into your amp, then the voltage should be ok. RF feedback might be causing the problem. Try putting ferrite cores on all cables. RF can get into everything....and sometimes a minor change causes RF to get into places that you would least expect.
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited April 2017
    Paul
    I would suggest test it into a dummy load and see if you get the same results, just to eliminate the
    possibilities of rfi,
    Cheers
    Paul
    GI4FZD
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    These are all good suggestions.  I would do the transmit into a dummy load first to rule out an RFI issue.  This could be a bad coax jumper or common mode currents on the coax form an unbalanced antenna.
  • Roland
    Roland Member
    edited November 2016
    I had the same problem with a 6300, the fan in the transceiver quit working!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.