Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 and WSJT-X no decode on all bands

Options
Torsten
Torsten Member
WSJT-X v1.80  / Flex 6700 v.2.0.19.98

So I use the program WSJT to decode FT8.
The settings of the different bands are all the same. But I can only receive FT8 at 160m.    The computer immediately decodes the signals within a few seconds.    now I switch to 80m or 20m and nothing happens. I tried all the settings and can not find a solution. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?    I add pictures so you can see what I mean.    On 80m or 40m the program runs more minutes... but nothing      On all Bands worked Slice A  DAX is activated  and worked on slice A  DAX is activated and worked with DAXIQ Channel 1 also / IQ Stream is activated.  On P/CW is also DAX activated.        
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Don-KB6TSQ
    Don-KB6TSQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Torsten,

Did WSJT decode all the lines of data on 160m?  If the program did not decode all lines, it may be a timing issue.  My thought is that the clock on your computer may not be at the correct time.  FT8 timing sequence needs to be within about 2 secs.  If you update your computer's time automatically with an internet time base or manually utilizing a WWV station, your WSJT may start to decode the data streams.  My computer's internal clock will be outside of the approximate 2 second window in about two weeks and will not decode some of the data streams.  My two cents...not worth much.

Kind regards,
    Don
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Did you using  a "Time Sync Tool" for your PC? For WSJT you need it. Forget internal PC clock !

Try this : http://www.timesynctool.com/

73 Chris
    DL5NAM
  • Don-KB6TSQ
    Don-KB6TSQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I do not use a "Time Sync Tool".  I zoomed in on Torsten's picture after I posted and it appears to be in the correct window.  The time should not change simply because you move to a different frequency.  Thanks for your suggestion Chris.

73 Don
    KB6TSQ
  • Torsten
    Torsten Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Of course I have restarted the Win10 / Flex and WSJT program.  On the occasion also an update to v2.130 - which I find absolutely great! Alone the new graphics are worth it.  The clocks sync is running. But no change. The program decodes on 160m buton no other Band.  Sorry for the Pictures - but i send it in right Position to the Programm an the Community Program turned left :-( image
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I had i the past: WSJT decode 1 or 2 QSO's of many existing QSO's - seen in waterfall.

After i run Sync tool it's run well. Tool is Freeware - test costs no time and is easy.

Also you have to check audio IN level !

73 Chris
  • Charley Snodgrass
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Do you have selected DAXIQ Channel 1 on WSJT-X?  On Flex when you click on DAX on the slice you can only select 1-8... they must match.  Don't use IQ.  On the slice DAX dropdown select "1" (or 2, or 3...) and under the Audio tab on WSJ-T select "DAX Audio RX 1 (or 2 or 3...) it must match the radio.
    If you pull up the DAX window (from across the bottom of your display) you should see activity on  the DAX channel you have select as output from Flex.

I see also that you have the wide bright orange bands on the WSJ-T waterfall... if you select 5.0K; when you click on DIGU the wide bands will go away (I don't understand why!)

Charley
    KC0CD
  • Torsten
    Torsten Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks for your help. Finally i install win10 new. 
    WSJT-x
    Flex Software
    everything is new.

also the Network Time tool

Server Name 0.nettime.pool.ntp.org - status is good Offset -14ms Lage 157ms - it update 15Minutes - but i don't know if i need the full client - System? I can't choose a better time than 15 Minutes......

Yes i choose - DAX RX1 in WSJ-T - i see activity - on the Dax Control an on WSJT (30dB)
    I don't use IQ 
    I see absolutely clean signals on the waterfall

But i have no idea.....what is wrong - no decoding

• Torsten
    Torsten Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Update
    I try to install JTDX! But here is the same. That tell me the mistake is not the software. I think i have another Problem with the Data Signal. There are noch clean.... scratching...
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Try and reduce a bit (step by step) NF level

73 Chris
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Looks like every signal is drifting up in frequency.
  • WF7B
    WF7B Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Make sure the slice is in digu and filter is 3k or 5k and input db on the bargraph is in the middle.
  • Roberto EA2CNU
    Roberto EA2CNU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm not sure, but try these values.

73 Roberto EA2CNU
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    yup seem to me that signal drift !!  ,check whit 10.000Mhz that you got straight line in WSJTX  
  • Torsten
    Torsten Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks again that you accept my problem.
    I have been working on it for almost 20 hours now. Have read the instructions and a lot of forum posts. I can not find the solution. In fact, it is very good to see that we have a drift of frequency.  10MHz is absolutely clean. But even the signals in the 20m band are
    drifted.    I put in a photo with more Bandsimage.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It appears from the pics that there might be a frequency stability issue.  Is there a frequency standard that can be received in Germany, like WWV where you can take a picture of the carrier so I can see if it is wavering on the waterfall display?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    That waterfall on WSJT-x is definitely not normal.

• John Culliton
    John Culliton Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It’s so hard to tell because the pictures are just not clear enough to see some of the settings.
  • John Culliton
    John Culliton Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
  • John Culliton
    John Culliton Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    And my own clear images get blurry here
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Can you check the power supply voltage at the radio?

Also, confirm that only the DAX audio source (not anything marked "reserved")  is feeding WSJT-X, not Remote (PC) Audio, with a sample rate of 48000. It almost looks like somehow there are two slices feeding the demod, slightly out of sync with each other.

Another thing to check is that the RX passband and the Fast Graph bandwidth are the SAME. It will improve the way the waterfall looks in WSJT-X, and allow "flatten" to work properly. 

PS - the "clipping tool" in Windows allows for easy screen grabs that are very clear.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    print screen work better for this  ,and reshape in pain 
  • Torsten
    Torsten Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hello Tim, here is a picture from the WMV signal.
  • Don, VE2HJ
    Don, VE2HJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options

The problem seem to be at the RF level. To confirm this would you open only two panafall , both on the same band like 20m , but using different receiving antenna ANT-1 and ANT-2.

Don...VE2HJ

• Torsten
    Torsten Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks for Reply.
    @RichMc Cabe wen the waterfall ist nomaly? you have a pic from your waterfall in 17 oder 20m Band (not from the Flex from JTDX or WSJT)

Here are a bigger Picture with the Information you Need.

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    need to zoom lot more for see only on audio passband for see every signal on radio water fall
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Your audio signals seem to be unstable in frequency.

Here is what I would consider typical. Everyone is going to look different as they configure theirs differently.

What happens when you copy CW?  Do you get a perfectly vertical line on the Flex waterfall and then on the WSJT waterfall?

The CW signal should be stable enough

• Torsten
    Torsten Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @Donald
    here ist a Picture with image
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    hooo think it time for  help-desk support ticket  ,Radio freq is unstable !!

• John Culliton
    John Culliton Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I see no audio in your dax audio window for slice 1, make sure you have selected dax in the slice, you should see a level there to adjust.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    did you run it whit external 10mhz ref or GPSDO ?   if yes try disable it and run internal REF instead 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.