Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 and P-4 satellite setup

Options
Tom
Tom Member ✭✭
edited April 2018 in New Ideas
I have interest in  using my Flex 6700 as a part of system for P-4 satellite communication.
Is someone aware of a manufacturer who makes suitable transverters/converters suitable for this application?
Tom, SP7WT        https://amsat-uk.org/2016/05/21/eshail-2-geo-p4a-transponder-freqs/

Comments

• Jeff AA0ST
    Jeff AA0ST Member ✭✭
    Options

Despite their best efforts in the past to bring Amateur Satellite activity more into the "main stream of Amateur Radio", It has been my experience with AMSAT and the amateur radio satellite community as a whole to be more "home brew" or experiential than plug and play.

I am not saying there is not a single pre-assembled transverter out there that will meet your needs, what I am saying it it is a VERY SMALL market and the cost/profit may not be there for most companies. That is why there are many transverter and down converter plans and kits for sale.

You are looking at down converting 2.4 and 10 GHz ?

You may have better luck reaching out to the Microwave groups (again a home brew / experiential part of amateur radio) and see what they have.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.