Flex 6700 and Netgear JGS524Ev2

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I have a Flex 6700 and just purchased a Netgear JGS524Ev2 gigabit switch. This switch is managed and I can change the port settings on the switch.

My Flex 6700 is having trouble auto negotiating speed/duplex with this switch. I've tried every possible setting speed/duplex trying to force it, but it still will not link up. Auto/Auto is the default.

On the Flex ethernet card, when looking at the RJ45 connector the right LED turns from red, to amber to green rapidly. The switch says the port is up & connected, but the flex is not passing any traffic and doesn't get an IP address. When I put another switch in line, the Flex links up with no issues to a dumb 10/100 switch.

I've checked the cable with a tester and it's good. Tried several different ports on the switch with no luck. Is there any diagnostics/logs on the Flex I could look at?
Photo of Kyle Krieg

Kyle Krieg

• 26 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Kyle Krieg

Kyle Krieg

• 26 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Official Response
I did a factory reset on my switch, swapped out the patch cable on both sides (switch and wall jack) and tested the structured cable run in the wall. Everything seems to be running correctly now. Not sure what did it, the factory reset or the patch cables, but thanks to everybody who offered suggestions to get this fixed.