Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex -6700 and Maestro have different software versions. How do I integrate same version to Maestr

Ernest - W4EG
Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

This is the situation, F-6700 has SmartSDR v1.9.9.170.
The Maestro has v1.9.13.23 and no option to update to the latest SmartSDR version.
The problem is that when the Radio is running v1.9.9.170 and Maestro running the mentioned  v1.9.13.23; The Radio request to be upgraded but it never updates the Maestro: No matter how many times I update the 6700.
I've checked FRS website download for F-6700 and Maestro (Family & Maestro) and (SmartSDR for Windows); neither site has a v1.9.7: That is supposed to  propagate to non-upgraded Maestro.
I connect to the web directly using cable to the Maestro and not able to upload v1.9.9.170.
What am I missing? 

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You need to get the 1.9.13 on the radio. 1.9.13 is higher than the 1.9.9. Do you have a PC that you connect to the 6700 with and can upgrade the radio to the 1.9.13 release?
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Ernest I think you may be confused about the versions. 1.9.13 is highest available for the Maestro. The radio has older software at 1.9.9. You need to update the radio to 1.9.13 as it is more current. You can find SmartSDR 1.9.13 at https://www.flexradio.com/support/downloads/ Mike va3mw
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    You must first make sure you have completely uninstalled and deleted the older versions of ssdr you have on your PC. Then you download and reinstall the latest version of ssdr to run your 6700. THEN you install and run the 1.9.13 for Maestro.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    There is no requirement to uninstall previous versions. You can have as many old versions as you like. MIke va3mw
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Sorry but you are mistaken. According to an old ticket from Tim and confirmed by me and many others. Give it a try. You should t have to but Tim explained that there are errors especially with Win 10 not uninstalling certain code.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I updated the 6700 to 1.9.9.170 witch had 1.9.13. I will down grade it or if you are correct to 1.9.13 and see what happens. However, where does 1.9.9.170 goes?  Or did FRS **** up with the numbering?   
    1.9.9.170 seems to be a higher number than 1.9.13 when I was in school. And where does the 1.9.7 that FRS engineering mentioned to propagate for Maestro upgrade?
    Again, what am I missing or perhaps I was not in attendance for that math class.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
    I haven't heard this. I'm guessing it might be true for a specific version that had a bugo or a particular issue. In general, no real need to remove old versions and keeping the latest working version handy might come in... handy.

There's so many solutions presented in the community it is sometimes difficult to keep track of what solution goes with what problem.

Kev
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Ernest This might help. Software number is confusing. 1.9.9 is the version number .170 is the build number. That is why 1.9.13 is higher than 1.9.9. Give 1.9.13 a try. Mike va3mw
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Tim's email might be correct, but I believe that this the case only during a windows 10 upgrade, or possibly the last ditch attempt. I would have to see the email to comment further. Many of us (and all Alpha team members) have 10's of versions loaded on our PC's and the last 5 on the Maestro. In this case with Ernest's issue, it is just confusion with the software version numbering and that is easy to do if you don't build software for a living. For his problem, there is no need to uninstall all previous versions. Mike
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    That makes sense now Mike... Thanks

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Final question!
    I like to know that this is the correct SmartSDR version. On the "Radio Setup" 
    the radio information has "HW Version 1.9.9.86": Is this the current version that we are all running?

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I don't have a Maestro but I am running the 1.9.13 which is the most current available from the Flex download page.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thank you.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    There is no requirement to uninstall any previous version of SmartSDR before installing a new one.  Please refer to the SmartSDR for Windows Release Notes for accurate information regarding the installation of new software.

My recommendation for uninstalling software was to resolve a specific problem you were having and is not global advice.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    When comparing versions, only look at the first three version numbers; ignore the 4th.

If you are running SmartSDR for Windows 1.9.13, the radio firmware version will be in sync and the first three version numbers will be 1.9.13.  The 4th number is a "build" number and is incremented each time we compile a version, so its number will not necessarily be the same as any other build number you encounter.  

SmartSDR for Windows and Maestro takes care of this synchronization by upgrading or downgrading the firmware to match the version of the client connected to the radio (Maestro or SmartSDR for Windows).
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thank you Tim.   
    I am back in sync now; after my Elmer Mike VA3MW instructions. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.