Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 all of a sudden started to step down the band on its own.

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flex 6700 all of a sudden started to step down the band on its own. Have not found a way to stop it and it will just continue to step down in Frequency . I have pulled the Flex Knob, that made no difference. Then I shut down the 6700 also with no change on the restart, then did a cold restart, still on restart it started to step again. My last attempt was a cold restart (shut down the 12 volt input power) and a reset to factory defaults, still no change. So I am going to bed and try again when I get up. Has anyone had this problem?

Comments

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Do you uv e any macros programmed for keys and maybe a key is stuck on the keyboard? DDUTIL or other Mike N9DFD
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Check the front panel mic connector, too. Shorted pin can cause that.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thank You George, I pulled the Mic connector and it stopped stepping. I don't understand it but I will gladly accept the "FIX". I did use my Headset/Mic for something else yesterday, and I guess when I put it back on the 6700 it did not seat right. However its working fine now.
    Also Mike thanks for your input, when your lost in the woods all help is appreciated.
    73 Al, N4AB
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Poltergeist.  Or a hung "down" button.  :)
  • Bob-N9MBR
    Bob-N9MBR Member
    edited May 2015
    I had the same problem when I tried to use my Heil headset with a Kenwood cable not the Yaesu one.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.