Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6600Ms with final software ready for covers and pack out

2»

Comments

• N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I was wondering, are you guys using KACE to image the radios? We use it here at my school district, we PXE boot and hit a few keys and bam a fully loaded Windows 10 computer is placed on our AD network in about 25 minutes. 
  • Jerry Gardner
    Jerry Gardner Member
    edited November 2019
    Please tell me that you have racks and racks of rigs in final test and don't just build twelve of them at a time...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    No, the elves we co-opted from Santa in the offseason handcraft them one at a time. ;-)

We manufacture them in large production runs. It is unreasonable from a floor space allocation standpoint to software load hundreds of radios for a one time process before the covers are installed and they are boxed up for shipping.  It is a production line type process.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thats fake. I dont see any elves :)

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

lol

• spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim, if it is not too much trouble could we please see photos of how the production floor looks at this time?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    Rich, the elves are there.  They are just really short and don't like to have their picture taken.  ;-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    The manufacturing floor looks just like it did when the picture was taken and will look the same on Monday and every day going forward until we have shipped everything.  It is a production process.
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Of roughly how many radios per shipment?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    That really isn't information we share publicly. Needless to say, we'll ship more in a day next week than we did last week as the process becomes second nature to the production crew.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Come on Tim.  I bet if you called Yaesu or Icom you would get that information an more :)

LOL
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Asking for a rough approximation on pace of shipments doe not touch upon anything "commercially sensitive".  By way of explanation, my order was placed nearly eight months ago and the same undoubtedly is true of others in this forum, so the question is well founded.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    I am not arguing that the question is not well founded.  I am saying that even though we are a lot more transparent than most companies, this is information we have chosen to keep private. If you have a question about your order, please contact Sales and inquire.
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Tim.  I have contacted the top notch folks in Sales.  Unfortunately, they share your apparent reluctance in clarifying timing of shipments.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Flex ship radio , i receive my today and not yet find flaw on it  even if pass the whole day testing it ;-)  , so radio work , money come ,software work . at this time noting to delay production  ,you must be sure flex work hard to put out as many radio as possible  , so not worry and just look your mail for tracking number 

Marc  VE2PN
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Marc: I've no doubt they are putting out as many radios as possible.  I have an empty space on my desk formerly occupied by my "trade-in".  I am therefore eager to see the invoice arrive in my inbox.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have said this before,  I have no doubt that there is no one that wants to ship radios more than flex. They have had little product to sell for about 7 months.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I can’t see how seeing the production floor will change that though. Just relax, find a friend to smartlink in maybe and realize that some things take time. I don’t think flex has been twiddling their thumbs! Everyone there works the hardest I’ve seen. The manufacturing facility does a LOT of stuff. I have steve and Eric and others answering questions on the weekend when I am with my family. Steve and the entire team had radios working on software making it “just right.” Their engineering team has been very busy, plus dealing with feature requests and bugs on four other models of radios. There’s only so fast a small company can do developing FIVE products everyone wants.

And as someone said - good luck getting that from another mfg.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.