Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600m Remote

I have a 6600m can u cut radio on and off by by SmartSDR remote program or do u have to leave radio on all the time

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    No, but what a lot of people do is get a lan controled AC plug and a relay to work with it. This can turn the radio on and off with a smart phone.

one like this connected to your Rem plug

This can plug into a Lan controled AC plug,,controled by your smart phone.
    This is a simple relay that closes when you turn the AC power on.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I use a Web Power Switch 7 from DLI and the relay box Shown above Written Scripts to AutoPing my Router, if it goes Down from the internet, it auto resets my HF remote 73 Mike
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited November 2018
    I use the DLI Web Switch Pro which is a slightly newer version of the Web Switch 7 which Mike uses. I also have two of the relays Bill pictured. One is connected to the Remote On port and one parallel to the foor pedal on the PTT port. That way I can change SmartLink accounts when remote. I also use a USB-8 relay board controlled by DDUtil to control switching of a W2IHY 1x4 antenna switch.. this allows automatic switching between three antennas which covers me 80 thru 6 meters. Dave wo2x
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    https://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html Best investment ever made with my HF remote The DLI unit is great 73 Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.