Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6600M Receiver Test Data

WHY FlexRadio posted thith --https://www.flexradio.com/flex-6600/

>155 dB Dynamic Range
115 dB 2kHz RMDR

BUT  i see
http://www.sherweng.com/table
Dynamic Range = 99 dB

Answers

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    To much testing not enough using.

• Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Craig :-)   While I may agree with your statement (yes, it IS an amazing radio), it does not provide
    an answer to the original poster.
    It is a fair question he asks; why Flex's data and Sherwood's data do not agree, and the likely
    answer is testing methodology differences.  But until (and if) Flex employees answer, you and me
    do not know the answer he is looking for, and we are only speculating.

Cheers.    (no harm intended)

Neal
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

I suspect the >155 db number is referring to blocking dynamic range which would be about right compared to the Flex RMDR claim.  The 115 db 2khz RMDR number is 16 db better than Sherwood's test.  I've read that there can be a pretty wide variation in this number between ADC chips that are used in the radio.  This might answer that question ?  Maybe Gerald can weigh in on this ?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Why presume Sherwood has it right? Complete nonsense to treat any single guy as the benchmark setting standard. This has been covered before in the community and Gerald has spoken to it before on the community. Personally I’m less interested in arguing which lab does it technically correct and is less free of economic bias knowing that some of these independent labs have asked to be compensated. They all have skin in the game somehow. More interested in certification labs who professionalism requires best practices. 73 Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.