Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600M making only 35W power output

Geoff_W8GNM
Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Flex 6600M will only make 35W output power into a 50 Ohm load as measured by LP-100A calibrated wattmeter.  DC supply voltage is 13.8V under load at the input terminals to the radio.
The position of the "Tune Power" slider control does not change the power output except all the way to the left (zero) produces zero output power.  All other settings produce a fixed 35W.
SSB mode produces 35W PEP output.  I have tried reloading ver 2.1.32.38 software and factory default reset of the radio without success.  I have also tried disconnecting from the front panel and controlling the radio with SmartSDR running on a Win10 computer with the same 35W limitation in power output.

Comments

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I am waiting for my 6600M to arrive and currently have no Flex Radio to look at.   But there is a setting where you can limit the maximum output power of the radio to any amount you wish.   On my 6500 I used this to set the power to 40 watts to provide proper drive for my amplifiers.  Is it possible that 35 watts is entered into the box on your radio?   

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The tune slider should control the tune button.

If it was mine, I would downgrade it to the last version and try it with that before doing an upgrade again.  Tuner in ByPass?

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    In ssb your mic level needs set to give you close to 0 on voice peaks. dexp off. mic +20db on. if fh hand mic bias must also be on and make sure you have the correct mic selected.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    look in 6400m section tim helped another with a similiar problem and listed the steps which corrected it.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi All

This is a hardware issue with the radio and we are tracking it as a support ticket.  

So, based on that, we are going to close this conversation for now.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.