Flex 6600M front fold down legs to elevate radio viewing angle?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
I noticed a couple round black rubber domes about 1/4 in in diameter.  They are on the bottom of the fold down legs on the 6600M.  They are also loose in the box.  Are they suppose to be attached to the bottom of the legs and hence the one that I found in the box have fallen off or are they for some other purpose?

Does anyone else have these and have they also fallen off the bottom of the legs?
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 273 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
yes! both of them are off the legs that let down. I just stuck them in the corner of the drawer. I may reattach or not.
Photo of W8QB

W8QB

• 158 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
I have the same rubber domes on the legs of the 6400M.  Mine came off, but they were easily reattached.  Of course, they prevent the plastic legs from scratching the table.  I was surprised to discover the pair of lightweight plastic fold down legs instead of the far more substantial metal pop-up bale used on the K3 and the IC-7300.  On my Flex, the plastic legs do not firmly lock into position.  As a result, the legs can suddenly and unexpectedly retract if not paying close attention to the legs when moving the radio around the desktop.  Hopefully someone will eventually sell a metal bale custom fitted for the new Flex radios.
(Edited)
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 273 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
So it sound like they are suppose to be on the bottom of the fold out legs.  Flex maybe you could answer why are they falling off and what solution you propose.  If they were installed for the purpose of preventing scratches and movement of the radio then it would seem that there is a Quality control issue with them falling off?