Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600m and N1MM SO2R not working properly

N2TTA
N2TTA Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Third-Party Software
Hello Setting up SO2R on Flex 6600M. RX working fine and correct switch between radio1 and radio1, but TX not. Sometimes when I start CQ on radio2, radio still TX on radio1. I have to repeat few time F1-ESC to start TX on correct radio. take a look short video https://youtu.be/v2ULwOIxugo P.S. Writelog working correctly. Yuri

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    What is that error that keeps popping up on your Maestro?
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    One or two times was popped . “transmitting slice has not been selected”
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    HI, I have encountered this as well when I started with SO2R and from time to time when I have not loaded the proper TX profile/global profiel for my task.
    My remedy has been to clearly define slice A to TX1 (choose TX button on that slice) and slice B to TX2 (choose TX button on that slice) with a profile "SO2R TX1" and "SO2R TX2" in the TX profiles. Then I store all in global profiles with "SO2R".
    Then you may check with N1MM by switching entry and TX window (both RX and TX focus - I use "page break" keyboard button) for this  alternatively between window 1 and 2 and see if TX button folllows. If you press "CW speed" button you may also see at bottom which TX profile is being choosen for each respective slice window.
    If the proper T profile is not shown load the proper TX profile while statying on that slice window. 
    Sometimes I also find that different versions of N1MM behave differently with respect to working proper SO2R, It may sound strange but N1MM comes out with a new version several times a month. 
    I use the 6700. 
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Kari
    I’ was double check my profiles, and all set correctly. SO2R TX1 for slice A, SO2R TX2 for space B. global profile SO2R-default.
    Sometime could work for long time without any glitches

Could be internet speed issues?
    But again Writelog working ok
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Is this remote? Like over vpn?
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes, remote with Maestro, not VPN
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    So LAN remote, e.g. on the local network.. sorry to ask so many questions I am trying to fully understand your whole issue. Can you describe your environment, where the transceiver is, and how you are connecting maestro to it, and how are you interfacing N1MM? I am sure we can at least figure out why you are having these issues
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Chris, Radio located at Caribbean with internet speed 6up/2down. No PC there. At home (NYC) I have 100up/100down internet speed. Maestro connected via smartlink, and PC with logger via SmartCAT. I use RemoteRig box for solid CW transfer. My latency 200-350ms. I was testing last night and about 80% operation time N1MM worked correctly. Writelog - no problems at all.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well I think we have some good data points now.  200-350ms latency. not the best, but manageable.  You have a couple of choices here in my opinion.  The first is use what works.  If the WL authors have found a way to minimize on latency and packet loss issues great.   Using the RR is a valid solution for sidetone/cw.  May want to consider co-locating a small PC on remote side, and running N1MM there and interface with a VNC connection..  this is what I do to overcome some of these types of issues.  It doesn't make the latency go away, but rather minimizes on things that get odd in these events, and if its bad enough for you to loose the RDP connection, when you recover you logs and systems are there for you when restored. Your issue in my opinion is latency and packet loss, combined with programming differences between WL and N1MM.  you just need to put together a solution that works.  
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Chris for your replay.
    this what I was thought. I was using two remoterig boxe with two radio before, and have full SO2R with those speed without any issues. Looks like it’s not enough for Flex. I will call today to ISP on island and upgrade speed up to 20up/6down. Those speed should be enough for Flex?
    WL is good but I hate one keyboard option. my favorite logger is DXlog, unfortunately they did not did any updates for Flex users.

Yuri
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Perhaps the speed increase will help a bit.. but this can do nothing for trans oceanic latency.  There is very little you can do with the Internet between you and your carribean locaton(which one?  I operate ZF1A occasionally(my call there is ZF2CT and we broke the Zone record for CQWW Rtty late last year).  Service would be better there or some others, where it could be a bit more shakey others, like HI or KP4).  If it were me..  I would purchase a small PC like an intel NUC to keep at the remote site.  I would run N1MM at the remote site, interfaced over the LAN.and controlled over VNC.  I would keep the RRC, using it for remote side tone and low latency audio.  I would also have a remotely operated power system so I could manage the setup fully, including power over the internet.  The setup I describe has brought me contest Lumber.
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    No, run PC at radio site is not the options for me, i like few monitors, ext...
    I’m operated remote from 2011 with remoterig as NP2P.
    will see, if big speed will not fixed the problem i wii comeback to remoterig with K3.

Yuri
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes I have been down that road, the whole reason for transition from K3 to Flex for me was the persuit of a remote pan adapter.  I have been working many years to find the sweetspot.  There are definitely more latency and bandwidth issues with the flex, but everything is a tradeoff.  there is more data passing with the flex environment, most importantly that all important band scope.  You definitely need to weigh your options. 
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I hope I find a solution how to fix this problem
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Me too!  , NP2P is in my contest logs NUMEROUS times.. thanks for all the qso's. I wish you the best of luck and feel free to reach out if I can help.
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank you, CU in IARU tomorrow
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Updated speed to 20up/6down at radio side, but actually I have 9up/3down. Will call them tomorrow and make complaints
    Latency now 120-170ms and problem not resolved ((
    Even if I set max delay time for CW, have same problem. Maybe it’s not a speed factor?
    Looks like I have to start learning how to operate in WL
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have this message now image
  • Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yuri, can you share a bit more info on your setup?  Specifically, are you using PTT ports with N1MM?  Also, do you have one or two Winkey ports for your set up (one that serves both slices or one per slice)?

Tim K9WX
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Tim, i use one remoteig for CW, for both slices. no PTT check at N1MM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.