Flex 6600 with two transverters

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
I like the fact that the F6600 has the ability to connect two transverters. Will it be possible to use them simultaneously, each with a separate SCU?

Roman OM3EI
Photo of om3ei

om3ei

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9053 Posts
  • 3435 Reply Likes
Using two SCUs is the only way it can work. 
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1529 Posts
  • 542 Reply Likes
That's one of the primary reasons I’m upgrading to the 6600.
Photo of KENT HUFFORD

KENT HUFFORD

• 53 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I upgraded to the 6600 from a 6500 for the two transverter ports. I have two sorta working. I have the Transverter Store VHF tranverter on XVTA and a store UHF on XVTB receiving and keying.

However when I key the VHF slice, the FLEX also sends a keying signal to the UHF slice(though no RF). Even tho I don't have the UHF slice selected to transmit. All four keying jacks are "buffered" and from the Radio setup TX page can enable and set the timing. 

I want to set the VHF keying jack TX2 to key only on VHF and the UHF to key only on TX3. Could not find any settings for this. Then I read W4RKN AMSAT Jan 2018 article on SDR SAT station using the 6600. "The switching of the PTT between the transceiver and the transverters could also be handled by the Transmit Profiles in the SDR software. The Transmit Profile in each satellite's Global Profile sets the TX Relay Output using the Standard SO2R_TX1 and SO2R_TX2 Transmitt Profiles."

Great! How do you do that? Where do you assign VHF to TX2 and UHF to TX3? Help. Thanks in advance.