Flex 6600 SO2R, can 2 different amps be keyed?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
Hello,

Is it possible to use and key 2 amplifiers while operating SO2R with a Flex 6600 or 6700?

For example:
- Slice A has the RCA TX1 assigned and keys Amp1 while transmitting
- Slice B has the RCA TX2 assigned and keys Amp2 while transmitting

I read the user manual but I didn ́t find an answer to my question. Sorry if this has been solved already, I also didn ́t find it in the community.

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,

Jon, EA2OT
Photo of Jon, EA2OT

Jon, EA2OT

• 50 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP, Elmer

• 235 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi Jon, of course but not at the same time. I doit in me remote set up. Works superbly.73 Kari
(Edited)
Photo of Jon, EA2OT

Jon, EA2OT

• 50 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thank ́s Kari!

Could you please elaborate on how you asign RCA TX to the Slice? I really can ́t find how to do it and I want to make sure everything is according to my needs before making a purchase :-)
Photo of K5XH

K5XH

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Photo of Jon, EA2OT

Jon, EA2OT

• 50 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thank you very much for the link!
I skipped this post, I will take a closer look to the profiles section in the user manual.

Best regards,

Jon, EA2OT

• 235 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi Jon, 
Actually this is the cool part. See my profiles below. 
I have several profiles for SO2R depending on what drive powers, what antennas, what loggers, what TX1 and TX2 settings and other settings I choose to use.  E g one I use to put slice A on 20 m and slice B on 40 m with TX1 and TX2 with 0 W drive power to train N1MM functions. I am sending in a dummy load as well. 
To accomplish this manually it would have taken hours and lots of paper notes :) 

(Edited)
Photo of Jon, EA2OT

Jon, EA2OT

• 50 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Great! I see the profile toolis a much more powerfull tool than I expected. I wasn ́t able to test these kind of thinks with my 6300 :-)

• 235 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi Jon, I will test. But I am quite sure that without a device like mikroham that controll audio mix between earphones this cannot be achieved with only Flexradio and N1MN unless you manually switch to stereo between the time radio A just stops CQ (earphones both on radio B) and radio B prepares to send F2 message. During T4 time slot. Does mikroham to this completely automatically?
Photo of John - AI4FR

John - AI4FR

• 72 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Yes it can and easily. The post above from K5XH is how I do it. I run two instances of wsjt-x running FT8 on different bands. My 6700 transmits just a couple of watts into each amp which gives me around 50 to 75 watts out. I can run like this for hours with nothing getting hot. I do wonder though if the relays in the Flex can hold up though. I've only had the 6700 since May of this year and I guess I will find out how tough this radio really is. I am not a casual operator that "gets on" occasionally, but rather everyday for several hours. So far the Flex has held up well.
Photo of Jon, EA2OT

Jon, EA2OT

• 50 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thank you for the info John. Very much appreciated!