Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6600 Footswitch PTT

There is only one PTT on the rear of the Fllex-6600. The new microphone uses this single RCA connection point which is kind of unique. But I want to have my Footswitch added to the radio as well for my other microphones. Can I use a standard audio Y-adapter to get both inputs into this single connector. Thought that I would ask first before I added hardware. Ron, AD9I

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes, I have 3 different PTT inputs to my 6700,  just make sure all three don't have a voltage source and are just dry contacts to ground before you plug them in to the Y connector. 

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You can use a Y adapter without issue or use the ACC port on the back of the radio which has PTT as well.

Rich

• Ron Morgan
    Ron Morgan Member
    edited February 2018
    Thank you, I saw the ACC port documentation. This was not as clean as I wanted. Y-cable it is, although I seldom use a microphone.
  • Jerry Gardner
    Jerry Gardner Member
    edited February 2018
    Why do you need a PTT on the mic if you have a foot switch?
  • Ron Morgan
    Ron Morgan Member
    edited February 2018
    That doesn’t make sense. They are totally separate issues. I have two keys as well. One in the radio and one in the Maestro. I could have inserted the Footswitch into the Maestro but the connectors are different flavors.
  • Jerry Gardner
    Jerry Gardner Member
    edited February 2018
    You didn't mention a Maestro in your original post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.