Flex-6600 Footswitch PTT

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
There is only one PTT on the rear of the Fllex-6600. The new microphone uses this single RCA connection point which is kind of unique. But I want to have my Footswitch added to the radio as well for my other microphones.
Can I use a standard audio Y-adapter to get both inputs into this single connector. Thought that I would ask first before I added hardware. Ron, AD9I
Photo of Ron Morgan

Ron Morgan

• 27 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 497 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
Yes, I have 3 different PTT inputs to my 6700,  just make sure all three don't have a voltage source and are just dry contacts to ground before you plug them in to the Y connector. 

73's
Bret
WX7Y
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 975 Posts
  • 210 Reply Likes
You can use a Y adapter without issue or use the ACC port on the back of the radio which has PTT as well.

Rich
Photo of Ron Morgan

Ron Morgan

• 27 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thank you, I saw the ACC port documentation. This was not as clean as I wanted. Y-cable it is, although I seldom use a microphone.
Photo of Jerry Gardner

Jerry Gardner

• 63 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Why do you need a PTT on the mic if you have a foot switch?
Photo of Ron Morgan

Ron Morgan

• 27 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
That doesn’t make sense. They are totally separate issues. I have two keys as well. One in the radio and one in the Maestro. I could have inserted the Footswitch into the Maestro but the connectors are different flavors.
Photo of Jerry Gardner

Jerry Gardner

• 63 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
You didn't mention a Maestro in your original post.