Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 Diversity RX Problem

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My Flex 6600 works fine with a single slice using Ant-1 or RX-A.  The noise floor is down around -125 (picture 1 is RX-A and picture 2 is Ant-1).   When I select Diversity the second slice comes up with Ant 1 on slice B and RX-A on slice D (picture 3) but the displayed noise floor jumps up to around -80 and the signal drops away???  Picture 4 shows slice A and slice D where noise floor is ok around -120 with same antennas.   I'm currently running remote so I haven't tried a factory reset yet.  Cal/N3CAL

Single Slice RX-A (Picture 1)

Single Slice ANT 1 (Picture 2)

Diversity  2 slices An1 + RX-A (Picture 3)

Diversity 2 slices reversed RX-A + ANT 1 (Picture 4)

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

That is incredible to me that you would have a -125 dBm noise floor on 75 meters! That is just about the noise floor of the radio itself!

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Is Loop A enabled?
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Antenna 1 is a 80m Double Bazooka (Inverted V).  RX-A is a Pixel Magnetic loop RX.  and RF gain was set at 0.

Cal/N3CAL
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Salvador,  unlike my previous Flex 6500 I don't see "Loop A" as a selection on the 6600??    Where is it supposed to be? 

Cal/N3CAL
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The "Loop" option is not part of the 6600.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    My bad, I thought it had it. Have you tried putting the mag loop on rxB instead and then try Ant1 + RxB for DIV?
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Good news!  I just got back home and did a full reset and the problem is gone!   I really have been enjoying the 6600! 

I wonder if there could be a way in future SSDR releases to somehow initiate a full reset remotely?  That would be a desirable feature to me.

Thanks to all for your replies. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Well, good news then. Enjoy the radio Cal!
  • Jim Osterling
    Jim Osterling Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Glad it was easily resolved. I'll be moving with in the year and should have a little room for antennas. I'm looking forward to separate receive antenna(s) so this thread caught my eye!

Agree on reset when remote ops, hey, it's a computer!

Jim
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ya I don't do 80 much even though I have an 80m loop antenna (280 feet of wire).  On a really GOOD day my noise floor is 105 on 80.  

This is in a nice neighborhood with buried power, all cable and utilities underground.  It is just a noisy band for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.