Flex 6600 blinked off

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
My 6600 when I did a software upgrade to the current newest version 2.1.32 blinked off and both the radio and Maestro had to be reconnected. I posted this problem in an earlier post but the problem was not able to be duplicated. Just now while sitting at the computer the radio blinked off. The power button gave two flashes of red for a bit and then the radio rebooted on its own. I'm not sure what is going on that I am getting random shutdowns. Thoughts?
Photo of Mike

• 51 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 1952 Posts
  • 477 Reply Likes
Two blinking red flashes mean lost connection.
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 306 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes

Two red flashes on the power button means its a software crash.  It's happened to my 6600 twice in the past two weeks which I reported to Flex a few weeks ago.  Flex added it to their Bug Tracker as #5942.  Here is the link to that discussion:

Photo of Mike

• 51 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I wonder what the cause is. I used the radio the past 2-3 weeks since the first episode of shutdown occurred. Never a hiccup during any of the contests (RTTY WPX, ARRL cw and ssb) Today it was just out of the blue. I was in front of the computer reading news online and off the radio went. The radio is plugged directly into the computer. The Maestro is plugged into the router. I would think connectivity wouldn't be an issue but who knows. I wonder if the radio need a reload of the software. Anyway guess I will wait and see what Flex finds.
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 39 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Rita posted that Red flash codes are on page 18.
2 flashes = software crash
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I had this earlier and a help desk was started but It never came back  for some time and then it happened again right after I started DXLabs Suite. Just now within the last moment it did it when I started FRStack. the message on my monitor is Radio lost connection. I have the 6400M. there is loud fan speed as well