Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 and WSJTX-FT8 Port settings

Options
Arvind Mallya
Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
I had my Flex 6600 working with WSJTX-FT8 but had to replace the laptop.  When I went back to install FT8 I'm unable to match and assign the port from Smart SDR CAT to the PTT settings on WSJTX which is set to port 5.  I'm attaching a photo of the display to the left is Smart Cat PTT set to Port 9, Windows is the center display port 9 serial port. On the right is WSJTX and set to Port 5.  I'm unable to change the PTT settings to Port 9.  Windows has assigned Port 5 to  a wireless device. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I have the 6700 but settings are similar I think?

This setup is very different than mine. Firstly, CAT is not using COM5. CAT uses the network. That's why it is grayed out.

Why don't you have the rig set for FlexRadio 6xxx?

Then you can set the Network Server to 127.0.0.1:60001 according to your CAT setup.

Kev K4VD
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You can't choose port 9 because the WSJTX PTT is set to CAT. This means the PTT is transmitted through the CAT port as a radio command. If you choose  DTR or RTS, then you can select the Com 9 PTT port. Note that you do not have to choose Flex as the radio. Kenwood on a Com port works just fine.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Craig, I did not follow your response, so the settings on WSJTX PTT is not selectable as it defaults to Port 5 and Port 5 is already assigned by Windows to Sierra Wireless device. How does one change that?
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Arvind,

As Craig said,  you have the PTT set to CAT command ,  not a separate PTT port, with Com7 set for CAT and PTT set for CAT,  it should work set as a TS-2000,  just restart WSJT.     Use Kevin's suggestion of TCP control, then you need not worry about the Serial com ports.   

Dudley
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Dudley, so as I understand it , I set WSJTX PTT to DTR or RTS and select the PTT port 9 and it should work. Right now I'm receiving fine as it receiving on Port 7, but not transmitting PTT in Port 5.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Arvind

If you use SliceMaster, then it will handle all the setup of DAX and CAT in a few mouse clicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ww8CcGNAzg&t=4s

Have you given that a try?

Mike

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I did not know about SliceMaster. So are you saying that also does the radio setup in WSJTX and Port setups?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes it does.  It is darn cool and just works.  Don wrote it to be simple.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I searched for a download on Flex Website, did not see it. can you post a link.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited March 2019
    Options
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Michael, After I rebooted this morning WSJTX setting for PTT port reads Port 9 and the PTT port on Smart SDR CAT is also 9. Hope to see some activity now and be able to transmit out
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Michael, Thank you for that link and program.  I got the radio up and working FT8 in no time and got QSOs in Japan and Asiatic Russia. Slice-master program really simplified the complicated port settings.  I'll post the settings and a snapshot of screen later.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.