Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6500 will not receive.

Ken Howard
Ken Howard Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
No traffic is seen in waterfall. I do hear noise. Antenna works okay on a Icom-7100. I am a new user. This Flex-6500 worked okay prior to antenna change. New antenna tunes okay.

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Usually when that happens to me, I have inadvertently selected another antenna or transporter port for receive. Check there first. 

If that doesn't work, switch your antenna to another port and try there.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Switching between ant1/ant2, what does it do?

If you get nothing on ant1 or ant2, I would suggest a helpdesk ticket as your radio may need to be returned for repair... but try both ports first.

• Ken Howard
    Ken Howard Member
    edited June 2020
    Switching ant1/ant2, no difference.
  • Ken Howard
    Ken Howard Member
    edited April 2018
    Neg. results.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    should then follow Ria's advice,helpdesk...
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Another quick check - make sure you don't have "Loop" selected on either of the ANT1 or ANT2 selections.
  • Ken Howard
    Ken Howard Member
    edited April 2018
    Check.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news then:

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Sup...

Open a ticket and they'll get back to you. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    I would do a factory reset to make sure there isn't a setting that is causing a problem.  You press and hold the OK button while powering on the radio.  After the front panel display counts down to 0 and the power LED turns white, release the OJ button.

Then try using the RX-A port and select it as the RX antenna.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This is a real stab in the dark - but one time I was wondering why my radio wasan't working. I fooled around for a half hour before I figured out I was connected to my dummy load. Yikes!
  • Ken Howard
    Ken Howard Member
    edited April 2018
    I can see where that could occur for sure, but not it. Thanks for your response.
  • Ken Howard
    Ken Howard Member
    edited April 2018
    Thank you. This has been done to no avail.

• Ken Howard
    Ken Howard Member
    edited April 2018
    Have not tried the RX-A port. Will have to research this. The radio is at the E. O. C. in my county and I volunteer there, so I will try this asap. Thanks.

• Ken Howard
    Ken Howard Member
    edited April 2018
    Tim it is not transmitting either.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    This issue ended up being a hardware problem that was triaged and handled by the HelpDesk as an RMA to service.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.