Flex 6500 thinks my laptop is still connected

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
While operating SSDR 1.4.11 from my Mac Book Pro (bootcamp - not virtualized) running windows 8.1 64 bit laptop over wireless N with two pans open, waterfalls on both pans froze and stayed that way after workine fine for forty five minutes.  I closed SSDR and restarted it and the radio chooser said that my laptop was still connected.  At the time I was using one DAX audio channel for WSJT but had not transmitted anything yet.  turned off (quit process) on both DAX and CAT, and stopped and restarted the flex serial port kit service, and closed SSDR and then restarted SSDR but radio chooser still said my laptop was connected.  I then enabled airplane mode thinking that would break any connection to my laptop (laptop had no network cable - only using wifi) - left airplane mode on for maybe three minutes - Flex 6500 removed itself from the radio chooser, turned wifi back on and radio reappeared in the chooser but still with a red dot and the name of my laptop and unable to "choose" the radio.  Power cycle on the radio was needed to fix the issue.  Thinking a remote power cycle would be nice.
Photo of Larry da Ponte

Larry da Ponte

• 157 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
  • unimpressed

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3367 Posts
  • 1270 Reply Likes

I use a WEMO Internet enable remote switch to reboot my computer - just in case I run into computer issues needing a reboot.. I control it with my iPhone/iPad

Saves me calling a friend to reboot computers when traveling.