Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 sidetone quality

Options
Ilmo Anttila
Ilmo Anttila Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have to use sidetone **** about 90-100% position to hear tone well. The quality of tone is however quite badly distorted. I have tried to improve tone quality by using different output power levels with and without linear and on different bands. That has not had any effect on sound quality.
Is it something i can do to improve the volume and clear the sound?

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    are you using a maestro?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    In a non-Maestro situation.... I have found the best audio quality and balance with sidetone and SSB monitor using the following settings.

Main line out at 100.
    Headphones at 50
    Individual slice volumes at 50 each
    CW side tone at 50-65 depending upon room noise.
    SSB monitor, if needed at 40-65, depending upon taste or needs.

I use a set of Bose Companion II Series 3 speakers and adjust the Bose volume to my own comfort level. Usually about half-way up for my normal operation.

The headphones at 50 is about right for me, but I may find tune it a bit.

Careful AGC-t adjustment is important to maintaining good audio and noise balance.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.