Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 NO RF out

Options
Pat    KB6Y
Pat KB6Y Member

Ok I have a flex 6500 SmartSDR Ver 2x I just purchased a month ago. It has been working perfect with a heil Pro set headphones until last night when I turned it on and found it had no RF out (transmit light does light).  When I key the radio the waterfall registers that it is transmitting and my Amp Buffer lights up.  I can hit monitor and hear myself. But no RF.  I tried to tune and slowly increase power nothing.

I have read just about everything I can find in the community forum with no help.

Things I have tried so far:

A different mic.

Checked slice for correct antenna

Checked Dax

Checked Power slider

Turned bias on/off

Changed profiles

rebooted PC numerous times

Hard Reset 6500

Downgraded to SmartSDR Ver.1x

Upgraded back to SmartSDR Ver.2x

Running Windows 10, 64-bit Enterprise.

ESD Diodes were just replaced prior to my purchase by Flex. (not sure if this helps).

Any other suggestions?  I think I might be glad I transferred the warranty if I have to send it in.

Comments

• Neal - K3NC
    Neal - K3NC Inactive Employee ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Pat  Have you tried pressing the Tune button and moving the tune power slider all the way to the right (max)? It really sounds like you need to contact us and open a trouble ticket!

• KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If you did the 1803 windows 10 update. Go to PRIVACY, MICROPHONE, and turn it back on.
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If you are on ssb, try other modes such as CW or AM. Is there output on tune? 73, Jim
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Some things that come to mind; Use the default profile Check Supply voltage at the radio, load flexmeter if you can to monitor voltage, maybe it drops under load and radio will not generate an rf output. Try to transmit on cw mode. I’ve never messed with the tranverter output but I’d make sure the radio isn’t set to transmit low power out of the tranverter jack. Not sure I know enough about this aspect. Do you have another receiver to see if any RF is going out Just run ssdr , no frstack, ddutil, etc. I’m sure someone with a lot more flex knowledge than me will jump in, but that’s some stuff I’d look at. What I have found with my flex is it is usually pretty simple when I find it, but baffling while looking.
  • Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    There is a TX Inhibit selection in the Radio Setup under Settings , top right of SSDR screen. Check that before sending away.

• Pat    KB6Y
    Pat KB6Y Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks Neal attempted that no luck. I will open a ticket.
  • Pat    KB6Y
    Pat KB6Y Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Kent I didn't think of this but I checked and it's on. Thanks but no dice.
  • Pat    KB6Y
    Pat KB6Y Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks I tried it prior to post.No luck
  • Pat    KB6Y
    Pat KB6Y Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I do have other rigs but not at this qth. I will need to bring one over. thanks
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There is a transmit high / low filter setting that can cause this behavior. Please check it and set for low=100  and high =3000

_..--
    k3Tim 
  • Pat    KB6Y
    Pat KB6Y Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks I will check when I get home and reply
  • Pat    KB6Y
    Pat KB6Y Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I checked the filters and they are set as you mentioned at 100 and 3000. No Luck.
  • W3TAC_Tony
    W3TAC_Tony Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've had this happen to me. Thought I was transmitting on antenna 1 when somehow antenna 2 was selected due to an old transmit profile I had used in the past.   
  • Pat    KB6Y
    Pat KB6Y Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    No I checked that I opened a case with flex

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This is a hardware issue being handled via the HelpDesk.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.