Flex 6500 No Radio Found in Smart SSDR

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered

Using Flex6500 with V1.10.16.174 SSDR. Everything has been running fine then today when I switched on the Flex & tried to connect to SSDR, no Radio was found on the Startup Tab.

I rebooted both radio & PC, no joy. I changed the LAN cables from the radio to the router & from the router to the PC, no joy.

The PC is operating fine with the rest of the home LAN & internet connection is good so its connecting OK to the router.

I reloaded the SSDR software, no joy

Not sure what to do next but would welcome any suggestions

Ray G3XLG

Photo of Ray G3XLG

Ray G3XLG

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David Warnberg

David Warnberg

• 698 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Login to your router and see if you can see the radio listed.  FYI.. I don't let DHCP assign an IP to my radio, I use a fixed IP set by me.

If the radio does not show up at the router then check the cable between the radio NIC and the router.  Another option is to plug the radio directly into your computer and test again.

Good Luck

David
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 524 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Firewall possibly blocking it.
Photo of David Warnberg

David Warnberg

• 698 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Well.. if both systems are on the same router, what firewall are you referring to?  Windows Firewall?   I suppose that is possible, but that's only IF the Radio shows on the router...  

Ray, if you are running windows 10 go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Firewall... you can shut it off, if it's on to see
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 524 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Any software firewall he may be using, every smartsdr upgrade i do i have to recreate firewall rules (eset) or it will not see the radio. Its just a suggestion, the only time i have not seen the radio in the eadio chooser was because of my firewall.
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3549 Reply Likes
+90% of these problems are due to security software (firewalls) on the PC that is running SmartSDR for Windows.
Photo of Ray G3XLG

Ray G3XLG

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Official Response

Well guys, thanks for the heads up,

it was my firewall which I remember now was  uodated last night. When I turned it off, everything was back to normal. I'll have to try & figure out how to keep the firewall (AVC, not windows) & still allow the rig to communicate with the PC

Thanks again!

73 Ray G3XL:G

Photo of David Warnberg

David Warnberg

• 698 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
I'd suggest you have the router assign a fixed IP to the Radio all the time, then go into the windows firewall and put an exception (i.e. allow all traffic) to that IP at all times.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.