Flex-6500 N1MM+ Winkey Issue

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Flex-6500 v1.9.7.85
N1MM Logger+ 1.0.5916.0

I wanted to separate out the problem I'm having from the other thread which was a praise. Sorry about that.

Following video by Al I was able to make more progress with N1MM+ and Flex than I had in the past. In fact, I actually used N1MM pretty successfully for a couple of hours on the Scandinavian Activity Contest this evening and had some fun.

Everything worked well except for this CW/Winkey issue I'm having. I can't tell if I have it set up wrong or if it is a bug in the logger or Flex. Hoping someone can take a peek and give me a hint.

When I send a macro one right after another they overrun each other - but only the first time. Odd but hope these examples show what I mean...

F4 F4 F4
Should produce: K4VD K4VD K4VD
Actually sends: K4VK4VD K4VD

It is just the first pair that gets over run and it seems quite consistent.

F8 F9 F9
Should produce: AGN? NR? NR?
Actually sends: AGNRR? NR?

I can provide more examples but I hope it's clear. It caught me a few times during the contest where I got a partial call back and wanted to send K4VD K4VD. Instead I sent K4VK4VD just making more of a mess of the weak contact. Careful timing of the button presses sends cleanly but I'd rather not have to worry about that.

Here's what the Winkey setup looks like:

Is anyone else experiencing this? I've posted to the N1MM Yahoo group also but no response from them yet.

Kevin K4VD
Photo of Kevin K4VD, Elroy

Kevin K4VD, Elroy

• 775 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8466 Posts
  • 3163 Reply Likes
Official Response
The issue with stacking macros in N1MM in SmartSDR v1.9.7 will be addressed in the next release of SmartSDR.