Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 MRP40

Trevor-EI2GLB
Trevor-EI2GLB Member
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
HI All

I have just got a Flex 6500 and I am trying to get to grips with it, How can I key CW using MRP40 and the Flex,

failing that is there a CW macro option that I can program in some CW text to send ??

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB

Answers

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Have you looked at the CWX feature in SmartSDR?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Or, better yet, read the entire manual.
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited February 2016
    The rig didn't come with a manual, only a quick set up guide,
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited February 2016
    Just seen cwx, is there any option to add macros and not have to type all the time,
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Download the SmartSDR manual from http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-users-guide-pdf/ and read pp126-128.  There are 12 function key macro messages.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    CWX is great.  You can interlace the macros (F1-F12) with regular typing.  So in live mode you can do something like:

tnx for qso  k6abc 

(the above typed manually in live sends as typed)  Then hit say F12 which you have your call programmed:

de ws7m k

So your type sequence would be:  tnx for qso k6abc <f12>

Macros in the function keys can be longer.  I have the following programmed:

F1:  ws7m       (just my call for pouncing on a dx)
    F2:  tu 5nn bk     (answer to a dx reply)

F6: cq cq cq de ws7m ws7m    (I can hit f6 twice to repeat then type a k)

F7: name mark mark
    F8: qth fort collins, co co

This post shows how to use some prosigns:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/how_does_cwx_support_prosigns

CWX works great.  I wish it supported the popular   >>>5nn<<<  to increase speed of 5nn and reduce speed.  Maybe a future version.

If you want to use an external program then:

K9DUR morse keyer6K:

http://k9dur.rnaconsultingservices.com/smartsdr_utilities.html

MorseKeyer6K DOES support speed increase/decrease.  It works very well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.