Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 & MMSSTV

John - ZL3TRR
John - ZL3TRR Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a Flex 6500 and am trying MMSSTV . I have the power set at 80 watts but I note that the power signal  fluctuates between 0 and 40 watts as the picture is sent. . its not a constant power reading as with ft8,  Is this correct ??  or am I doing something wrong ? 

Answers

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    John,

Be sure that you check your Transmit bandwidth,  but the output is much wider than FT8,  and will vary quite a bit also.  

Dudley
    WA5QPZ

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes the SSTV signal varies, especially if you have "Vari SSTV" checked on the Setup MMSSTV > TX tab. Also check the "Digital output level" slider adjustment. I don't use the "Vari SSTV" setting myself. You can see how your transmitted SSTV images are received at my QTH near Los Angeles here: http://k6hr.com/sstv.html
  • tod_WE5TR
    tod_WE5TR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Could one of you with a successful setup send screen shots of the MMSSTV settings windows? I have audio and PTT, but am failing to get frequency and other such radio control to work. WE5TR
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    John, it is correct. Slow scan is an analog transmission. At any moment your power out is analogous to the intensity of a point on a given line........ I have not done slow scan in many years but it really is a lot of fun. I hope you do well.   Best 73, Jim
  • John - ZL3TRR
    John - ZL3TRR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    James, I appreciate your comments . keep safe best 73 John 
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    John, I wish you and yours good health in troubled times. and maybe a few sun spots too.    73, Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.