Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 FT8 Will not key on 5357 FT8

FT8 works on all bands except will not key on 5357 like its out of band or inhibited but 5357 is in band and I moved the bandwidth down on TX still wont TX?

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    GM Barry,

Are you using DIGU?    WSJT-X?  Is the correct DAX channel selected?  Is the DAX TX icon turned on for transmitting?  Has it ever worked for you?  Some particulars please as my 6600 works fine there on either WSJTX  or JTDX.

Regards
    Larry  K1UO
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    My 6700 does the same thing. It will key on USB but not LSB or DIGU on 5357.

Am I correct in assuming that digital for 60 meters is only done via USB and not DIGU?
  • Barry J Cohen
    Barry J Cohen Member
    edited September 2018
    I am using Digi U and DIGI U works on all bands it appears except 60M. My 6300 worked fine on 60M DIGI U and the DAX is on.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This usually has something to do with your transmit filter being out of band.
  • Barry J Cohen
    Barry J Cohen Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi Larry I moved the filter down to 1khz before I posted and still no luck
    Thanks for your help and response. This is a wierd one! Other than that this is the best radio I have owned! There are a few quirks and preferences that everyone would like modified slightly!
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just inserted 5.357 into WSJT-X FT-8 and have no issue with my 6500 running on that frequency, My 6500 has the MARS mod.  So I did the same thing on my 6300 obviously not capable of MARS and found that I had to turn my high cut down to 3 Khz (3000) or anything higher and my tune button grayed out. Then I tried tune while in digu and no go because out of band, I went to cw and tuned my tuner switched back to digu and transmitted a cq with no problems.

Keep an eye on your tune button, it will gray out if your out of band, set low cut to 0 - high cut to 3000.

I also noticed if you have your high cut above 3000  while wsjt-x is started  and then turn it down to 3000 wsjt-x will still not transmit, you need to restart wsjt-x and then it should work fine  
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    That darn high cut strikes again!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Don't just check your high cut, also check to see that the low cut is not out of the authorized bandwidth.  You can't go all the way down to zero beat on 60 Meters.  You may need to go to 100 or 200 Hz lo cut for DigU. (I don't remember the exact number, and I'm not in front of the rig at the moment.)
  • N3RC
    N3RC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Have new 6600 and just tried to work  60m ft8 for the first time with no success.

WIth   WSJT-X at 5.357 on both DIGU and USB can get output from 6600 TUNE button. When I try   using WSJT-X to key the transmitter either from itsTune or Enable TX buttons , the freq on the 6600 and WSJT-X shifts 500-1500Hz depending on what Freq I set in WSJT-X  so then out of band and no transmit. Have TX Filter at 100-1000.. I am not a big WSJT-X user or 60m user but dont remember seeing that behavior on other bands. Any suggestions?

Roger N3RC

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    In your setting in WSJT-X turn “fake-it” OFF. It is trying to shift you TX up to keep your audio tones centered in the TX passband. But that is taking the higher end of the passband out of band. Not a problem on other bands, but doesn’t work on 60 Meters where the band is narrow.
  • N3RC
    N3RC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Ken
    Thanks works fine now!  Appreciate the help.

73  Roger N3RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.