Flex 6500 Frequency instability

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
I have been playing in the Makrothen RTTY contest. I have a Flex 6500 and was enjoying using the new RTTY mode with N1MM and fldigi. After about 15 minutes of operation I noticed that the 6500 frequency display became unstable. The mark and space traces which should be nice straight vertical lines were not straight. Every signal on the band shifted up in frequency about 30 hz. Then about 2 seconds later they shifted back down. This occurs at a very regular interval of about 2 seconds.

I shut down the radio and did a cold start. It was stable for about 5 minutes and then started the instability again. I have tried three releases of SSDR, 1.4.11, 1.5.0 and 1.5.1. The problem is the same with all versions. It affects all modes. I even checked the 15mHz WWV signal and get the same behavior.

The problem started last night so I turned the radio off and started it up again today. It worked for about 15 minutes again and then the problem returned.

I have an 8 core AMD processor with plenty of memory. I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I have been using this set up since I got the radio two years ago and have not had any problems.

I hope it doesn't mean there is a trip back to Austin coming up.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Paul W5PF
Photo of Paul W5PF

Paul W5PF

• 47 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3479 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.