Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 error message check fuse

Bill K8WLK
Bill K8WLK Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
While transmitting on my Flex 6500 I received the following error message: Error PSL_13B8B – 09.46 check fuse. The receive side of the radio is fine but obviously the transmit side is out.

How do I change the fuse for the transmit side of the radio?

I am using a QJE power supply model number PS 30 SW 1V. It should be plenty for the radio, any comments?

Thank you in advance for your help

Bill

Answers

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    G'day Bill, I have found that CW at 100w can make this happen a few times. My PSU may sag at 25A or possibly RF getting in to it. Turning the radio off has fixed it so far. Andrew
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2019
    The fuse is not blown.  That error indicates that your input voltage after the internal fuse dropped below 9.5VDC.  If the fuse was blown, the radio would not power on.  Check your power supply and the DC cabling.
  • Bill K8WLK
    Bill K8WLK Member
    edited March 2017
    Andrew and Tim,

Thank you for your prompt reply and good advice. A factory reset of the radio resolved the issue. I checked all the connectors and everything seems to be okay. I am suspicious that the QJE power supply might be the issue although I can't confirm it. I am moving a 30 amp Astron supply over to handle the radio. This should resolve any potential QJE issues. Thank you again for your help.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I suspect the transmit lockup may have been a consequence of the radio shutting down at the low voltage indication and the reset cleared things up.  
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Bill,
    I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a Astron 30 amp power supply voltage  regulator failure.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.