Flex 6500 & DXLab SpotCollector Question

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Does anyone have the DXLab SpotCollector "click on spots" feature working correctly with a Flex 6xxx radio? 

I just got a new 6500 after happily being able to "click on spots" with a K3 and DXLab for the past 9 years. The Flex is an amazing radio, but now when I click on SpotCollector spots the Flex doesn't tune to them properly. A click on a spot will bring the Flex will to the correct frequency and at times will select the appropriate Mic profile, but the radio will not select the appropriate transmit profile. I'm using SSDR 1.8.4.84 and the Flex is IP connected to Commander. SmartSDR CAT is not in use. DXlabs is up to date. I've checked with Dave AA6YQ and he told me that according to the SmartSDR documentation, the only way to change your transmit profile or your mic profile is via manual action in SmartSDR (tnx, Dave). 

So, is clicking on SpotCollector spots a "no go" with a 6xxx radio? 
Photo of K1CP--Clif

K1CP--Clif

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steven G1XOW

Steven G1XOW

• 292 Posts
  • 129 Reply Likes
there are actually a few examples of how SSDR ignores/doesn't processes remote control input from apps like this, and N1MM, HRD etc. I have just had to change my logbook to find one that is able to force the correct antenna selection I desire instead of SSDR doing its own thing.
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Steve - what logbook did you go with? 
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 843 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Clif,    I just checked here with a 6700 and clicking on DXLabs "spotcollector" does set up the Flex RX side of the profiles all ok but does NOT appear to set up the TX profile.  The TX profile just remains on the last manually selected profile.    The Flex TX window still reflects the previous manually selected TX profile name, Tune Power and RF Power settings.   Thanks for posting...  I really never noticed that before.  I wonder if the RX  updated info can also refresh the appropriate stored TX profile windows also?
(Edited)
Photo of K1CP--Clif

K1CP--Clif

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Appreciate the tip, Dave. Thank you.

73, Clif
Photo of Dave AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

• 190 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
Let me know if you need help with the Command Sequence, Clif.

Dave, AA6YQ
Photo of Dave AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

• 190 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
As usual, Eric KE5DTO quickly responded to a request for a description of the Profile API's syntax and semantics. I've added the information he sent me to the Profile API's Wiki entry.

The Profile Load command can be used to make a specified profile current. This command could be used in the Command Sequence invoked whenever SpotCollector directs Commander to QSY, as described above.

Commander's Message window can be used to test these Profile commands to see how they behave. If you try this and discover any errors or omissions in the Profile API's Wiki entry, please let me know.
Photo of K1CP--Clif

K1CP--Clif

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Glad to read about the update to the Wiki, Dave. Most of this is new territory for me :-).

73, Clif
Photo of K1CP--Clif

K1CP--Clif

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Glad to read about the update to the Wiki, Dave. Most of this is new territory for me :-).

73, Clif