Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6500 doesn't work after updating to the version 1.6.17

ALEX
ALEX Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
 FLEX-6500 doesn't work after updating to the version 1.6.17.
After start of the program in the left window there is no connection with radio. Reset on factory installations doesn't help.  Downgrade too it is impossible to make. Everything worked at version 1.4 - 1.5 well.

Comments

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Alex, can you tell us what operating system you are using? Win 7 maybe?     I had issues with DAX because I am not up to the latest release but the basic system loaded and ran.  Did you see any problems while it was loading?   73, Jim
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Does your radio have a green light? How is your radio connected to your computer? You need to give us a little info to help.

Jon
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited January 2016
    1. operating system is win 7 
    2. Does your radio have a green light? - YES
    3.How is your radio connected to your computer? - Direct lan cabel     ---  flex6500-pc
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Alex

Pretty Obvious you are not getting an IP Address... suggest you connect both through a router which will give IP addresses to both
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If you look at where the network cable plugs into the computer and radio is there a green light showing that the connection is linked?

• ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited January 2016
    If you look at where the network cable plugs into the computer and radio is there a green light showing that the connection is linked? - YES I see light
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited January 2016
    #Pretty Obvious you are not getting an IP Address... suggest you connect both through a router which will give IP addresses to both# - I run win command IPCONFIG and see that flex 6500 gave PC IP Address
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well that pretty much confirms Howard's diagnosis. I would try plugging the radio and computer into a router if you can. That should resolve the issue.
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited March 2018
    After connection to a router 2 options became possible:
    1. If the first start flex 6500 and after its loading  the program,
    after start  program in the left window -  there is no connection with radio.
    2. If the first start the program and then turn on flex, after calibration in the left window radio is available, the program works, but in 20-30 seconds loses connection.
    There is a crash programm and the mistake in a window jumps out - http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img903/786/3htpRr.png but restart doesn't help!!!
     Dumping on factory installations doesn't help. Downgrade too it is impossible to make.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    check IP of PC and check IP of Flex -  i think they are in different network. Is the PC connected to the router where the Flex is also connected? [DHCP of PC is ON or OFF?]
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited December 2016
    Alex,

The sequence when direct connected is computer booted first,  may have to disable the wireless to your network until the radio is booted up in a link-local state.  When the computer sees  a link-local  device appear on the NIC, it assigns a link-local address to the port (make sure bridging is not turned on with the wireless)  .  The radio only looks for the DHCP server one time,  and that is at power up. 

I get the issue now is firewall / anti-virus  , the Nic should be Private network,  otherwise it is filtered by the firewall..   Shut your firewall down ,  see if that helps..   Also there is an outside chance that the internal Nic is not able to take the speed,  I do not know of any changes in IP out of the radio,   so if it worked before should work now,  except is a new program load to the computer,  may need to create some exceptions in firewall/anti-virus  ..  

If you get too stuck,  make a Help Desk Ticket..   
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited January 2016
    check IP of PC and check IP of Flex - I am check, the radio and PC in own network/
    Program work, but only 20-30 second
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited January 2016
     Dudley - WA5QPZ, - so if it worked before should work now
    yes it work but 20-30 second
    I am check on 3 difrent PC (win 7 32 bit, win 8, win 10) - same, 20-30 second work
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I am sure you have checked, but is the power supply providing the right voltage? Once one of my kids decided to turn the voltage down on the PSU and it drove me nuts because the Flex wouldn't boot up completely. Getting the voltage back to 14v solved it. I hope you find the problem and fix it.
  • ALEX
    ALEX Member
    edited January 2016
    the power supply is Ok/
    All work before update fine!
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    opening a ticket with help desk seems your best option at this point. I read yesterday that there is a known issue of you have more than 45 profiles...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We are working this issue via the HelpDesk. If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.