Flex 6500 crash

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
Flex 6500 with SSDR 1.10.16 crashes.  This has happened three times in the past week - twice in one day (about a week ago) and again today.
A hard reset of the 6500 is required and all is well.  No symptoms - just a "connection is lost message.
Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 157 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Ray G3XLG

Ray G3XLG

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Hi Gene

I also have a 6500 with the latest version of SSDR & like you I get fairly frequent losses of connection, usually when its least convenient eg when "running" in a contest!

I just have to re-connect with the software & all is OK but I'd love not to have the problem in the first place.

We have high speed broadband here & I have never experienced the problem with other equipment connected to the same LAN so I reckon the prob is in the SSDR .

Sorry I cant help!

Ray G3XLG

Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 157 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Hi Ray,
I think my problem is different. When I restart SSDR it doesn't even see the radio until I perform a hard reset of the radio by holding the power in until the radio shuts down.  Then I can restart the 6500 and launch SSDR. Thanks,
Gene K3GC
Photo of Michael Coslo

Michael Coslo

• 720 Posts
  • 162 Reply Likes
Replying to both posts, so there will be a little bit here, a little bit there. Gene, do you see any connectivity issues? How is the connection bar on the lower right showing? I've had issues when the ethernet goes down. The radio will sit for a bit then hang. For both, check your router. I had one router which would reboot every time I transmitted over around 20 Watts on 40 meters. Which caused the program to hang after it lost connection. Toroids on the RJ cable on both ends fixed that, but eventually I replaced the router for the permant fix. 

In the mention Gene, I think whatever caused your problem has corrupted something  somewhere. might be time for a reinstall if you didn't already try that.
(Edited)
Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 157 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
No connection bar to show - connection is lost.
I have a dual nic motherboard so the 6500 is connected direct - no router involved.
Haven't done a reinstall yet.  I will give that a try.  Since the problem happens so infrequently it is difficult to duplicate.
Let me restate.  
When a crash occurs the screen is blank,  SSDR is completely shut down.  If I restart it it will open but does not see the radio.  A hard boot of the 6500 is required.  After it restarts I can open SSDR and it works well until the next time.
Thanks, more suggestions are welcome
Gene