Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 clicks every three seconds

lbc4me
lbc4me Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just got my 6500 connected and it clicks like a relay in the radio every three seconds. Multiple factory resets and power cycles have no effect. Also installed SmartSDR 1.9.13.173 and it still clicks. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Have a friend with the same problem,
    Went back to Flex and they FIXED it..

Open up a Help Desk Ticket..

Ken  W9IE
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yes this sounds like an unusual problem.. Help Desk ticket recommended.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.
  • lbc4me
    lbc4me Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks! I now have a ticket.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Leroy,  Are there any operational symptoms or indicators that something is happening with the 6500  other than the audible relay clicking?  I ask this for those of us with remotely located radios that wont hear any audible relay clicking or even cooling fan noise problems that may develop for that matter.  I have added the fans and relay clicking to my a "remote checklist" to be checked whenever I get to the remote.

Regards,  Larry  K1UO

• lbc4me
    lbc4me Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Larry, There are not any operational symptoms or indicators that I could tell. It just clicks. Note that I am currently very inexperienced with the Flex or any other radio so I could easily be missing something. My radio will be going back to Flex as it is showing excess freq errors in the GPS tab and can't get the clicking to stop.
  • kk4x
    kk4x Member
    edited March 2017
    Leroy , what did flex find as the problem or problems, you can reply via
    kk4x@arrl.net, mine is in the shop similar problems plus other issues
    I own a 6700, or you can just reply here.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.