Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 available sec hand before I go buy a new one!

Simon Lewis
Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hey all, ok I am convinced ... I'd like a 6500 :)   Before I hit up for a new one .. anyone thinking of selling theirs ... a good second hand one would be ok .. you don't even need to ship to New Zealand I can handle that via NZ Post forwarding service :) 

Any offers of interest??  

:)

Cheers

Simon ZL4PLM

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Not me, I'd sell my wife first!
  • K4SC
    K4SC Member
    edited September 2017
    I've always wanted to vist Kiwi Land.  If you send me a round-trip ticket, I'll bring my 6500 with me and you can touch it! :)
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    <crickets chirping>  Wow.  With all the complaining I read on this forum a couple of weeks ago, you would think there would be a line waiting at the post office.  :)
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Congrats on the decision! You'll love it. There's no way I'm selling mine. :-)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    And it is amazing how much the problem list has gone now most people understand how the 1.4 works and what has changed.
    Keep an eye out for a used one, every so often some sad sap will sell theirs to make a point of some kind, notice they never just advertise it like everyone ales. They go I'M SELLING MY FLEX BECAUSE_______
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited September 2018

Simon,

I'd sell my 6500 in a heartbeat, if I were single. I'd like to upgrade to a 6700, but I don't have the cojones to broach the subject with her at this time.

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Hmm have one of those - sorry shes a keeper too - she says go buy what you want :) 
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    come visit - NZ is an awesome place - I visited a few hams in the US too ,, always nice to exchange ... not sure about the touching though ... jee you yanks are friendly eh :)
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Steve Steve Steve.... "It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"   Just do it and worry about the forgiveness part while you are enjoying using you brand new 6700 in the doghouse..... Of course this is coming from a single man....
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    If you have an aversion to **** and peace in the family, you are absolutely correct.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    LOL
  • Michael - OZ1MDF
    edited December 2016
    Hi Simon,
    I might be able to help you.
    Mail me: m.d.frederiksen@gmail.com

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    hmmm the flex or ****? got to think about that one
  • VA3 RIR
    VA3 RIR Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi Simon, I won't part with my 6500 though I would love a set of wheels you have for one of my Land Rover Defenders lol.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    std defender deep dish alloys :)

• VA3 RIR
    VA3 RIR Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes love them...think mine might have had them before the previous owner swapped them for mud tires and steel wheels. Guess you are on Landy Zone. Good luck with finding the 6500, Hope you acquire one soon.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
  • Raf
    Raf Member
    edited October 2016
    Holy Camoly Simon, I am drooling. Love the Landys and the fun you guys have, awesome. Thanks for the link, I will save it. I am doing some mods, upgrades and maintenance to my 97 Defender, I also have an 89 Land Rover CSW Can't wait to get 2 and 10 meter radios in there. Working on setting up dual batteries with isolated charging for the Ham radios and other accessories. Landys make a great mobile Ham rigs. :o)
  • Raf
    Raf Member
    edited October 2016
    BTW Simon, my apologies I copied you. I used my Landy as my Avatar pic too.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Pulled the trigger on a brand new 6500 ... no sec hand ones from US offered ... V1.4 HAS changed the game ;) 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.