Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6500 anomaly disconnection

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Good morning, my flex 6500 is suffering from a strange anomaly, suddenly for masterstroke connection, not responding is not detected, they are forced to make a forced shutdown of it, I tried both ethernet / wi-fi connection I use last version 1.10

Comments

• Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I have had this issue 3-4 times since updating to the latest version.  I leave the radio running and come back to find a disconnect message on the screen.  I try to reconnect and the radio is not found.  Hard restarting the radio "fixes"the issue.

Seems too intermittent to determine the cause.

Larry, W1IZZ

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    it seems to happen when the radio and computer have set idle for some time. Then the message appears.      73, Jim
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    There have been some reports of when your router renews DHCP that this may cause a disconnect. 
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Interesting.  In my case, no DHCP since the update to allow static IP's in the Flex.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Not just your flex but also your maestro and/or client PC. 
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Now try to set static IP.... stay tune
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    No Maestro and the PC is also static.

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Would a router renew DHCP while the radio and computer are both connected and running? 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    well in that case it may be something else but I know some here have had DHCP related issues. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Yes, it would renew DHCP leases at expiration, regardless of what is running. 
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have this issue as well. I have been assuming it is related to a similar issue I have with the Maestro restarting (which I understand to be the firmware in the radio itself resetting).

73 Chris AK4SK
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Same issue here.  No Maestro and Static IP's.  Never did it before and 3-5 times since upgrade.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.