Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 and N1MM+ mouse and focus problems

Ken AB1J
Ken AB1J Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am using N1MM+ with a Flex 6500 and need help with two interaction problems.

1) When running the 6500 by iteslf, I can use the mouse wheel for fine tuning but as soon as I connect to N1MM+ the mouse wheel no longer works. What can I do to fix this?

2) I am supposed to be able to automatically return focus to N1MM+ when I am no longer using the mouse on the 6500. This works OK if I use a Flexcontrol or if I drag a slice receiver, but not if I click to set the slice receiver frequency on the 6500. What can I do to fix this?

There is a setting for this under Settings->Radio Setup->Focus Helper.
 What is the UDP port (default = 12060) and where can it be set in N1MM+? This port is referenced in the N1MM+ Configure->Broadcast Data menu but I don't know how to use it and nothing I've tried has worked.

Hardware version: v1.9.7.85
SmartSDR version: v1.9.7.169

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 73, Ken, AB1J

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Have you considered upgraded to the most current release. 1.9.13?

I have the Focus Helper set to None and the mouse wheel adjusts the active slice if I am on SSDR window or the slice connected to N1MM when I am on the N1MM window. Is this behavior you are expecting?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Ken
    I'm in agreement with David on this, activating Focus Helper is likely the problem. Focus Helper will force focus on the N1MM+ window. If you wish to Tune the slice in SSDR that Slice has to have focus in order for the mouse scroll wheel to work. Focus Helper UN-Focuses SSDR after a delay.
    It does that, so the callsign input box on N1MM+ regains Focus, so that any key presses will be sent to the input box. With Focus Helper off you will still likely have to click the Slice in order to grab Focus from N1MM+, Focus follows mouse click. This behavior is exactly why the FlexControl exists, it doesn't need, steal, or change focus when it tunes the slice frequency.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This behavior is exactly why the FlexControl exists, it doesn't need, steal, or change focus when it tunes the slice frequency.

Tru dat.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Usually, merely hovering the mouse over the SSDR screen allows you to tune with the mouse wheel. It doesn't require actually clicking on the screen. But I second the motion for the FlexControl Knob. "Don't go Flex without it!" Ken - NM9P
  • Ken AB1J
    Ken AB1J Member
    edited November 2016
    Are you usinjg it with N1MM+?  The mouse wheel works fine (no clicking mentioned) until I connect to N1MM+, after which point it no longer works at all.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    yes N1MM+ most current 1.0.5982. I do have a FlexControl but the mouse wheel is what I was using. The Flexcontrol I use mostly for AGC adjust and the mouse and mouse wheel for tuning.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I've got the AUX3 button programmed to "Change Active Slice" which cycles the Focus through all of the available slices, My hands is likely, already on the FlexControl, and not on the mouse. I don't usually select the active slice with the mouse, unless the mouse is already in my hand. Once I tried to select focus on the B slice with my soldering iron, I ended up replacing that monitor, after a while.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ken
    Are you usinjg it with N1MM+?
    Not yet, I've been mostly using DXKeeper for logging. But I've been alternating between DXKeeper, Log4om, and N1MM+. So I will likely have to figure this out too, at some point.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ken

I've got AUX2 programmed to adjust AGCT, and it get's used for that more than anything else. AUX1 is programmed to adjust Slice AF, which also get's used a lot. Both levels are easier to set with a knob that rotates, as opposed to a slider. I wish there was some way to see the numerical values without having to hover over the slider, But when I want precision I end up clicking the slider troughs anyway. Often setting them by ear with the FlexControl is precise enough.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I vary the functions of the FlexControl Knob depending upon what I am doing. When S&P DXing, aux1 changes active slice; aux2 adjusts AGC-T; aux3 changes XIT. When running a frequency, I change aux3 to control RIT. Nice thing is that it is easily changed.
  • Ken AB1J
    Ken AB1J Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi David,

I upgraded to 1.9.13.  I set the Focus Helper to none, although I can set it to N1MM and get exactly the same (wrong) results. It doesn't do at all what others here have indicated.

Yes, I am expecting the mouse wheel to work in the panadapter window and in N1MM+.  Apparently it is for you.  For me it only works when I have the cursor back in N1MM+.  This is my problem.

It's perfectly fine with me if you want to email me directly for further discussion.  I'm OK in qrz.com.  This isn't the best format for a detailed discussion.

Ken, AB1J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.