Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 and Acom 600s

I tried with Ddutil, SmartSDR and Omnirig but I can't get communication between 6500 and Acom 600s through RS232. Quite sure it's a problem of configuration/parameters... any idea?

Answers

• np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Try a null modem cable
  • Stefano - W2WTZ
    edited June 2017
    I used a null modem, but the problem is that 6500 has no CAT, the band data is taken from SSDR through the PC but I don't understand if I have to use SSdr Cat or Ddutil and what is the correct setup.
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    If you choose DDUtility the first page allows you to chose flex or legacy radios. That allows Ddutil to select the proper cat commands. And of course you attach this program to the correct. Cat port. Electronic port.

Doing this correctly will display frequency info.

The next pages on the setup give you access to different amps. Watt meters. Etc.

If it is not listed. You will need to create a virtual com port pair and allow the radio to talk with one port and broadcast to the amplifier port again DDUtility allows you to do this. Also commander will also allow this. (Easier in my opinion) There is a detailed how to hook up a om amplifier. Using Ddutil. Here in the community pages. Follow that solution. Just do it with the a com.
  • Stefano - W2WTZ
    edited June 2017
    utilThanks for suggestions, I searched info on the community but I didn't find any post on this matter... do you have a link? I used DDUtil second page with amp. I will test as you suggest...
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    HI 

if you whait few week i work on someting based on Rasperry PI 
    for CAT command  and BCD band decoding

but still hope that Flex add FTDI USB cable driver to the radio
    and permit true Hardware CAT  
    D-STAR Dongel already handle it as serial port so it not big deal to Handel CAT 

73 Marc L.  VE2OLM
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    yup  ,but also handle transverter switcing (IF / PTT)  do 10MHz REF distribution
    and nice webpage  interface  ;-)

i use PI LAN for telnet to radio and get VFO frequency and other thing i need
    have already do a version last year but now i do V2.0
    http://alphatronique.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7

Remote QTH do also lot of nice thing , i really love it rotator interface 
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    The listing here on this is. Om power amps and 6500 It is the next to the last post. With the expected settings. Your 600 shares a similar need. Just follow. Substitute were you have the 600. And it will work. Until something else comes out. This works just fine. It's been 4 years using this and similar radios with no on board com port. And with amps that need com port info
  • Stefano - W2WTZ
    edited June 2017
    Yes Marc, I can wait, pls keep me informed... In the meanwhile I will try np2g suggestion.
  • Javi LU5FF
    Javi LU5FF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    el problema se resolvió la interfaz? puede manejar 600s ACOM con tubería flexible de 6000?
    Gracias por cualquier información

Javi LU5FF

• Stefano - W2WTZ
    edited June 2017
    Not me. I don't find a clear and detailed procedure. I thanks np2g for suggestions, but I can't understand it. At the beginning he wrote that I should read frequency. Where? I know that's it's myself limited but without a detailed procedure I don't want to risk my equipment integrity. I hope that in the next SSDR release FRS will interface directly to the more difussed PA hassle free. DDUtil is very nice but supports only few PAs and not Acom 600s. I need a guide for dummies.... :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.