Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M with Ten Tec Titan Amplifier

KL4QG
KL4QG Member ✭✭
Dads Amp made 1992 running 1500+ full power Just what is the build up on coils from what? My friends Titan has same build up/ Amp trouble free same two 800 tubes from 1992

Answers

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Picture
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    No picture first time this happen here cannot load ???
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • N4QM
    N4QM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    That is silver tarnish, Silver Sulfide.  Contrary to popular belief silver tarnish is not conductive, it is a semi-conductor.  Short of dismantling the amplifier and cleaning the coils there's not much you can do about it.  

https://physics.stackexchange.com/a/365483/242452

73, de N4QM
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have a TT-425 also. Nice amp, very little drive needed for 1KW and not much more for 1.5kw.
    To much dirve and pop-go the 800's 

The Silver on the coils has oxidized. My amp has some also and I will leave it as is....

Best Regards,

Tim / k3Tim
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I love amp I have two both my late dads he also stocked up on 800 tubes found 12 tubes still in box but say Medical grade on Tubes ????
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    These could be 'medical pulls', although with the box they sound new (NoS).  You found a small fortune!

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Tubes name I remember starts with E but they are at daughter house in NJ
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Eimac 3cx800a7 or most likely 3cp800a7
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I also run a TT Titan 425 with my Flex 6600M. Great amp ! However tubes are getting hard to find and expensive. Keep the grid current low to maximize the life of the tubes. You are sitting on many life time supplies of tubes !
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Joe N3HEE
    What your way keep the grid current lowest ????
    How do you tune the load and tune dials Joe

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.