Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M vs. SmartSDR

Maxejb
Maxejb Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Can I access all of the features of SmartSDR on the 6400M without using SmartSDR

Answers

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    In a short answer,  no..   But there are several features of the M models that are not in SmartSDR,  programed function keys for one.   But if you have the M model,  you can always access the radio with SmartSDR and still be able to operate the radio standalone without any external computer or IOS device..   

Hope this helps,
    Dudley
    WA5QPZ
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The only reason I have SmartSDR is so that I can use the Flex Control and a mouse with my 6400M.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    ...and you should be backing up your profiles with it if you are using profiles.
  • Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Since the M model radios are basically running a Windows OS, and the M model radios have a USB port, it would be nice for non SmartSDR users to be able to plug in a USB mouse to the M radio and operate the M model radio screen functions from that mouse. This seams like a very simple OS modification requirement to the OS.
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I DO NOT have any profiles as I darn near ruined my amp because the profile did not drop the pwr from 100W down to 45W, The end of profiles for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.