Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M turn on question -auto run to pan adapter - just started - how to disable

Joe Bales
Joe Bales Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My Flex 6400M use to power up and allow me to pick the version of software I wanted and for me the most important thing it did was to NOT load up to a pan adapter.  I remote turn on and off the radio and don't want to remote on and the 6400M be booted up to a pan adapter.  this just changed last night -  How to I disable auto on of the pan adapter on a 6400M radio?

Answers

• AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Joe,
    I did not see any way to just power the radio on in a "Ready to Connect" condition.
    In my case, remote powering ON usually results in the in the radio turning on and loud noise coming from the speakers in the front panel. I would love to see a way to configure the power-up condition.
    Mitch Baum - AE2A
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Will also be good to be able to remote turn on the rig without have to use some type of external contact closure.  IF it can be done I have been missing it for my 4 years of using a Flex 6000 series rig.

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This use to be the way it was before a recent software upgrade... I personally like that the radio boots up to full operation.. You can go into menu settings and go into the ability to select a specific software version and then it will re-load, but why go Backwards,, using the latest software is always preferred for the proper operation of the radio at a 99% rate... When you turn on any computer it will boot to your Windows or IOS main screen... Or you can hold down a few keys and it will display the computers Bios settings and mother board setup screen,, but that is used maybe a few times in the life of the computer, or not at all..  Flex made it Easier for all of us by booting right up 100%..

Robert
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    This is a problem mine is a **** shoot. One time it will let me choose, the next time it will boot into the waterfall or be ready to operate without any input from me. Now with the last update sometimes it will not complete the boot up cycle but will stop with both VFO's and meters showing but no waterfall and the radio appears dead other wise. It was told here by Flex employees several months ago the radio would learn your preferences and it would be repeatable after that. If my memory is correct I think Tim posted that information.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There are some really nifty remote AC switches with contacts for remoting the Flex. They are the better choice because we still need to turn the power supply on and off with the same kind of devices.
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What is your choice Bill?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.