Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 6400m split operating SmartSDR

JOHN GREEN
JOHN GREEN Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
How to enable the display of the second receiver on the SmartSDR? If possible. I need work split. But I can only implement this on the built-in maestro (flex 6400m). And I can not do it on the computer in the SmartSDR program

http://prntscr.com/q4owno

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Open a new slice, bottom left corner button, then select spit in the flag.
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It's as easy as can be. On the slice flag, the word "SPLIT" appears. Click on it.
    This will open a second receiver slice 5 kHz up on SSB or 1 kHz up on CW.
    Alternatively, at the top left corner of the SmartSDR window, click on the +RX button.
    This is all covered in the SmartSDR Software User Guide, available for download on the FlexRadio web site.
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Keep in mind that the 6400 only allows two slices. If two are already open, you can't open a third for split.
  • JOHN GREEN
    JOHN GREEN Member
    edited December 2019
    I can not create  new slice. See screenshots.
    https://prnt.sc/q4zxk5
    https://prnt.sc/q4zyct
     I indicated inactive buttons (including the split button). Why is this happening? my radio flex is 6400m and it allows you to create 2 slices (receivers) on the pan adapter.
    any ideas accepted
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Is the front panel on the 6400M on and displaying a slice? This is a separate client for the radio and will count as one of the two slices allowed. You must disconnect the front panel from the radio to free up the slice, or just try closing the slice on the front panel.
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    close the slice on the maestro screen  or use rit / xit as we usually do

• JOHN GREEN
    JOHN GREEN Member
    edited December 2019
    thx.  work
  • JOHN GREEN
    JOHN GREEN Member
    edited December 2019
    another question: how to disable Panafall on the flex 6400m front panel? I now have 2 slices of receiver in SSDR but 1 Panafall  :(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.