Flex 6400M some guidance, please

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Upgrading, how many times? I did two upgrades but it seems to want to upgrade some more, but not ever to 2.133. After the upgrade it receives but no audio transmit. Then the next time I turn it on it wants another upgrade it doesn't seem to want to ever go to 2.133,So do I keep upgrading?
Also I used all the ports on my router so I must unplug the TV, how do I add another port?
It is so light I thought there was nothing in it.
Photo of Burt Fisher

Burt Fisher

• 1040 Posts
  • 366 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9148 Posts
  • 3462 Reply Likes
Official Response
Bert, we show the past 5 version of SmartSDR on the select screen.  So far there has only been three.  As Wayne said, you determine the current version loaded by the arrow icons.  No icons, that is the currently installed version, you tape it, it loads that version and you are good to go.

If you select 2.1.32 (has the up arrow) that will make the radio firmware downgrade before you can use that version

If you select v2.1.30, because it has the up and down arrows, it will have to download software from the software distribution server, install it on the Front Panel and then do a firmware update.

You want to always select the latest version unless there is a compelling reason not to do so.

This is explained in the FLEX-6400M and FLEX-6600M User Guide SmartSDR.