Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6400M - Powered speakers output connector

Options
Thomas NE7X
Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
Flex-6400M, reference to the Powered Speaker output connector, is this a fixed audio line level output or does the two front panel volume knobs adjust the line out levels independently (Right/Left) for slices A and B? I do not see any reference to this in the user guide (sections 4.3.2 and 7.5).

Thanks 73s, Thomas NE7X...

Answers

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    On the 6700 the audio output is variable via the software, and when I use my Maestro the audio output jack is variable via the volume control ****, so I would imagine the audio output is variable on the 6400M too.
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    On the 6500 using SmartSDR you can adjust the master audio level and slice level separately for each slice, as well as a "pan ****" on each slice to position it anywhere between the two speakers. So with 4 slices open, each slice can occupy a distinct position on the "sound stage" between the speakers. Headphone volume is independently adjustable. Again, this is for SmartSDR. I do not know how Flex has implemented this on the "M" series radios.

Craig, KØCF

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The output is variable from the client, which is either the controls on front of radio, SmartSDR for Windows, or Maestro. All of which have separate audio controls for slices A and B. The audio defaults to coming out both left and right speakers for each slice but there are pan controls where you can put one slice in left speaker and other in right speaker. Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.