Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400+Maestro configuring for WSJT-X

Joseph Hill
Joseph Hill Member
edited April 2019 in Maestro
As I look at NM1W'a instructions to configure Commander with Flex6400 and WSJT-X, it specified that you need to configure SmartSDR menus.  I use a Maestro with my Flex 6400 and therefore do not have SmartSDR loaded on my network PC.  The menus on my Maestro do not have the choices that he specifies.  Advice?Thanks,
Joe

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    You will need SmartSDR CAT and DAX running on the PC that is running WSJTx so that it can receive and transmit to the radio.  Install SmartSDR to also get SmartSDR CAT and DAX.

You can continue to use your Maestro as you do now.

Mike va3mw
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    Thank you for your help Mike can you please tell me where is the best place to download the software smart SDR best regards Joe
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2019
    You can find v2.4.9 in the downloads area off the main web page.

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/

Mike 
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    Okay super thanks again Mike sorry for the elementary questions but this is all new to me 73 Joe
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited January 2019
    No problem at all.   All questions are recommended.

• Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    Michael,
    Sorry to be so slow but I downloaded SmartSDR and opened it up and I am stuck.  Cannot see how to get to the "transmit panel" to continue following the WSJT-X setup instructions.  Can you perhaps point me in the right direction.
    Thanks,
    Joe
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited January 2019
    Hi Joe

I'm not sure where you are stuck, but do this:
    • Download and install - you done that.
    • At least once, start SmartSDR and connect to the radio - check the SmartSDR Manual starting on Page 12.  You can download it from the same place.  Do not worry about anything that says SmartLink at this time as you are not doing that.  Keep reading to page 20.
    • Also check that 2 other programs are running, SmartSDR CAT and SmartSDR DAX.
    Once that is done...

The easy way to configure WSJTx is to run SliceMaster.   Have a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj85yjVcTTk

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.